How to cancel fail-safe after TX off on new spring-loadedTX?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested, and think it is important for all of us to know.

If during flight you turn off TX (or loose connection due to other reason, hint hint); turning the remote back on does not re-establish the connection.

There are the extra steps explained for if one is using the old non-spring-loaded remote; but how should one do it with the new remote? Has anyone figured it out?

Thanks!

Re: How to cancel fail-safe after TX off on new spring-loade

Just switch between GPS and ATTI a couple of times and you should have control back.

Throttle shouldn't matter, I have lost range a few times and gone into failsafe. Simply go to GPS mode then atti and if you are in range you will regain control. Leave the throttle at 50% so that it will maintain altitude as you regain control rather then go up or down.

The manual I got explains what to do...but I left it at work. I'll read it tomorrow and give the steps they recommend. Could be the switching back and forth from GPS to ATTI...I just can't recall.

PF

Seeing simply switching from GPS to ATTI mode has worked for me every time I think thats a pretty good option but everyone is free to do their own thing. ;)

martcerv said:
Seeing simply switching from GPS to ATTI mode has worked for me every time I think thats a pretty good option but everyone is free to do their own thing. ;)

I think that's OK when you've left the transmitter on. If you switch off the TX to trigger failsafe there is a specific procedure to do with modes and throttle:

From pp14 of the Quick Start Manual v1.6
When you turn off the transmitter, use the following method to regain control:
(1) Switch the transmitter S1 switch to GPS. position.

(2) and then put the throttle stick to lowest position, you can now turn the transmitter back on (greater than 5secs after switching off, important), then put throttle stick to the center position immediately. If you hear the transmitter alarm, make sure the throttle stick is at the bottom position before moving to the center position.

(3) then you can switch the transmitter S1 switch to the middle position (ATTI. Mode) to regain control.

Seriously guys, there's no reason not to have read the manuals, and have a copy on your phone when you fly.

Exactly - after loss of connection or via the manual RTH setting, regaining control happens simply by going into ATTI mode.

But I am asking for when you turn of TX ... OR phantom decides you've turned it off.

This manual is for the older, non-spring-loaded remote.

What about the new one?

IceFireSoul said:
Exactly - after loss of connection or via the manual RTH setting, regaining control happens simply by going into ATTI mode.

But I am asking for when you turn of TX ... OR phantom decides you've turned it off.

This manual is for the older, non-spring-loaded remote.

What about the new one?

Going from GPS to atti works fine for me when I lost radio range and as I have pushed the radio limits quite a bit this has happened on a few occasions, I never have or never will turn off the radio so I will never test the recovery in that way. I really dont see why you would want to turn off the radio but thats a personal choice and others may not have as big a personal issue with turning off the radio.

The method of recovery from radio off to back on in the manual should work surely. I dont see why you wouldn't just have a rtf switch set on the radio as that is surely a better option then ever turning off the radio.

Well, I have exactly set a switch on my radio for RTF; and do not turn it off any time.

BUT it seems like if the Phantom gets strong WIFI interference; it "thinks" I turned off the radio. And then I see it hovering and I have no control! And probably if I knew the re-gain control procedure, I might have been lucky.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj