How to cache maps in iOS ?

SMD

Reaction score
Did a lot of searching and can't find a good thread or tutorial on how to cache the maps using an iPad 4 mini (or similar) along with a P3 Pro. Any tips?

I watched a couple of videos using android. I like the feature of being able to draw on the maps. Is that another good way to navigate? I've used the radar to assist in flying home but using the draw feature looks like another good alternative.

Open up the Go app and in the general settings and slide the "Cache Maps" button. Then go to the map view and view the area you will be flying in. After you have looked at all the areas you will be, close it up and head out to fly. ;)

Open up the Go app and in the general settings and slide the "Cache Maps" button. Then go to the map view and view the area you will be flying in. After you have looked at all the areas you will be, close it up and head out to fly. ;)
Thanks for your reply. What happens the next time I go out to fly? Do I have to erase the previously cached maps or can I add a new area? How long do the cached maps remain on my iPad?

so could i cache all of the uk ?.

Do you leave Cached Maps setting permanently on?

Reactions: Skypicswa
There are all kinds of videos about caching google maps to the ipad Air 2 (ios devices) and I have failed. I will try the go app. method, but I don't think that helps with Autopilot. It's a real bummer when you think you've done things correct, get to a new location, map doesn't come up, blank screen is used and the next thing you realize is that course you plan turns out to be 90 deg. rotated and badness happens really quick. I've since been told by the "beta waypoint" experts, now you can save a flight by name, get to that new location and call it up....still learning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers