How to bypass phantom 4 500m limit distance (not altitude but distance)

Reaction score
I hope there wasn't many similar post... i'm looking for a solution cince 3 days with no answer...
I tried litchi too but it have the same limit of 500m in altitude and distance too...

thanks in advance
Eugenio

You can disable the distance limit by turning off the "Enable Max Distance" setting in the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO. There is no way to disable the 500m altitude limit.

Reactions: Damo31k
I "believe" it's embedded in the Firmware so I don't see a way around it. Older models of P3 do this by using older FW but the P4 came with new FW and no option to back up any levels.

*Edit* I stand corrected. msinger is on top of it :)

i already turn it off... still have a 500 limit... i can not believe there is not a way!!! p4 is amazing but this is a really big problem for me... can maybe litchi do something in the future?

i already turn it off... still have a 500 limit
If you're referring to the distance limit, then make sure DJI GO is connected to your Phantom when changing that setting. Otherwise, it will not save properly.

I'm pretty sure that beginner modality is off and i enable maximum distance, sett on 500 m like maximum altitude (maximum) I'm thinking that maybe dji made this limit in the last FW? i bought the P4 just a week a go...

i enable maximum distance, sett on 500 m
Yep -- that would be your problem. You need to turn that setting off in DJI GO (like I mentioned above).

Hi Thomas, maybe i didn't express my self well, 500m hight is ok for me! i don't want that limit in distance! I think that my problem was just because i enable maximum distance but after i tried to set the limit more than 500m so this probably reset the limit... i hope this was my problem.. tomorrow i will try and i will let u know.
thanks

I have another question! Do you think that the phantom 4 can descent more than 500 m? i would like to descent a mountain tall 1000...

thanks!

It has a limit of 500 meters up, but I guess few of us can find a place to go down further than -500 meters........
That would be an interesting discovery if you can try to find out!!!!
Let us know the outcome!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI does not list a negative altitude limit anywhere in the Phantom specs. I've never seen anyone mention hitting it either. So, I'm assuming there is no limit.

Thank you! I must have misunderstood something. And I really could not imagine why someone wants to fly higher than 500 m.

Thomas,

One good reason, is when a person lives in mountainous terrain. I would like to be able to fly up the side of a mountain, well above 500m above the takeoff point, while I also maintain less than 400 feet (probably way less), above the actual ground.

I wish the Phantom/DJI would include some kind of database of terrain elevation in it's flight controller...or in the app...so that ACTUAL height above the ground was considered in the max altitude limitation.

--

Bill

In Spain I take off everyday from 650-700mts above the sea level and never had a problem to reach high altitude...if I don't do it more is because here is forbidden to fly more than 120mts height...

I have another question! Do you think that the phantom 4 can descent more than 500 m? i would like to descent a mountain tall 1000...

thanks!
I don't think you'll have any problem go down...but becareful with the trees, rocks and the terrain changes...
Where are you flying Eugenio?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.