How to bring back a Phantom that has gone too far.

dklassen said:
Running on a Mac too. Just downloaded the sim and lucky for me I discovered the USB controller that came with an older version of Real Flight worked perfect.

Need some help...

Thinking of getting the Heli-X simulator but will mostly be using it for quads...

Does the trial version come with a DJI Phantom?

What does the purchased version offer that's not included in the trial version?

Pilot_FML said:
dklassen said:
Running on a Mac too. Just downloaded the sim and lucky for me I discovered the USB controller that came with an older version of Real Flight worked perfect.

Need some help...

Thinking of getting the Heli-X simulator but will mostly be using it for quads...

Someone posted earlier that it does. When I bought it it didn't. Must have changed. The trial has annoying delays before you can use it and limited scenery. Having said all that it useable and I tend to fly in the same scenery all the time as its learning how to fly rather than looking around that I use it for.

MStacey said:
Trial version (downloaded last week) comes with the Phantom

I use a Dynam USB flight sim controller with mine works on both PC and Mac

From Amazon in the UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... UTF8&psc=1

With the weather we have been having here its a great way at getting some flight practice

I just grabbed myself one of these as well. I don't really need it but my wife is learning to fly my Vision and having a similar sized remote control will just make it easier for her to convert from the Sim to the real thing. Thanks for the link.

There is a free iPhone/ipad app called Absolute RC Heli Sim. The basic copter is only a single rotor rc small heli and only flies in Manual mode, so it's not really like flying a phantom (it's harder). But the stick movements are basically the same and for a free app to download in 20 seconds it can help get you familiar with the controls. I've told my son he needs to master that before he gets a shot at the Phantom.

OK, I'm going to try to make my own adapter. Apparently the XBox-1 ports are normal USB ports; it's just the shape that's proprietary (for some strange reason)- so therefore the plugs are normal USB plugs (again except for the shape) - so it seems it's a simply question of wiring one end of a spare USB cable to the end of the Xbox controller cable, matching colour to colour, then loading XBCD software - et voila!

It seems to be a doddle on an XP machine but way more complicated on Windows 7. Fortunately I do have a desktop that I use for my music and that runs XP - which is nice.

So, time for me to solder on :)

Watch this space!

Shrimpfarmer said:
Pilot_FML said:
dklassen said:

Need some help...

Someone posted earlier that it does. When I bought it it didn't. Must have changed. The trial has annoying delays before you can use it and limited scenery. Having said all that it useable and I tend to fly in the same scenery all the time as its learning how to fly rather than looking around that I use it for.

Just responding to say thank you for your help. I downloaded the Heli-X simulator today and discovered the Phantom was one of the models in the demo version. It also turns out that my RealFlight 6.5 controller works with the simulator, so after a little configuring and calibrating, I got the Phantom up in air .... ;)

Pilot_FML said:
Just responding to say thank you for your help. I downloaded the Heli-X simulator today and discovered the Phantom was one of the models in the demo version. It also turns out that my RealFlight 6.5 controller works with the simulator, so after a little configuring and calibrating, I got the Phantom up in air .... ;)

Good news. Enjoy!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie