How to be sure they're OEM DJI props?

Reaction score
I only want OEM parts for my P2V+. Some of the sellers on eBay and Amazon are big nationally known hobby shops, yet reviews and feedback indicate some of them sell knockoff props in counterfeit packaging. How do you know who to trust to sell real DJI propellers?

don't take this as absolute gospel, but I heard the non-legit props don't have a little DJI printed in the plastic. I guess I've been lucky I've only ever gotten legit props, they all came in the official DJI packaging (and have DJI in the plastic)

I don't think there's a huge price break for props anywhere, see if you can find a local hobby shop that specializes in multirotor craft you can just visit, for example Atlantahobby.com (heck, you could just order from there) and you can make sure you get real props because they're in the proper packaging.

^^ an excellent point

Some of the well-known stores are the ones getting the complaints of bogus props. Maybe the reviews are bogus and from competitors. It's difficult to know who to trust. I'll probably just order from the sellers on the DJI website.

I purchased some dark gray props off of ebay, I wanted then for when I get my black skin in for one of my Phantoms. It said on the auction they were DJI, they are marked DJI and even have the correct model number on the prop, 9443. They are identical in every single way but color. I'll be trying them soon once I get them balanced.

I saw those for sale. Keep us posted on how they work out. Some photos would be nice as well.

fwiw, Atlantahobby.com sells 4 different color option props:
stock white
white with blue tips
white with red tips
grey

I've bought all of the above at one point or another... from them. I haven't put them on an official balancer but other than color they're exactly the same prop.. I've had them all paired together and also mix&matched

I have almost every variant (save some of the colored tip ones), and I know they are genuine because they came with propulsion, flamewheel or phantom kits. There are some differences even between the oem 9443s. For one, the grays are almost 2 grams lighter and are noticeably thinner.

I think the best way to get genuine parts is to get them from reputable dealers. Empire hobby, century heli, 1uas.com, uavproducts all have the real deal. eBay is a crapshoot. I've bought plenty from b&h but don't know if they're better about counterfeits than hobby shops.

If the price sounds too good to be true it more than likely is. My own approach is to not buy them from any eBayer based in China.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj