How to avoid propeller shadows!

Reaction score
Hi,

I just designed this petallens for the Phantom 2+ and it removes any shadows from your propellers! It is a Canon design ;)

This petallens is designed just for video, but if you are in to photograpy - you could easily trim it down 1 - 2 mm with a scissor.

It is a lightweight thing and easy to break. It weights around 1.4 gr. So get one for spare!

http://shpws.me/v99W

625x465_2158789_3344557_1405234926.jpg

Regards, Joakim

I ordered one awhile back and am still waiting for delivery. They must make them one at a time after receipt of order and payment. If I'd known they break easily, I would have ordered two.

I ordered mine on July 9th and the site says estimated ship date is 21 July... Kinda a long wait if you ask me..

srandall25 said:
I ordered mine on July 9th and the site says estimated ship date is 21 July... Kinda a long wait if you ask me..

Yes, 3D printers ship faster! 8 days from US to Europe, 5 days for danish customs to f*** up the shipment. From there on, the wait is 2-4 hours depending on desired resolution :) it's almost instant gratification :)

srandall25 said:
I received mine today and it is a very loose fit. It slips right off the camera...

Well that sux. I was seriously going to buy one. It's been a pain of late as here in AUS the sun is so low atm.
Think I'll have to DIY, unless you know of any others?

srandall25 said:
I received mine today and it is a very loose fit. It slips right off the camera...

reading the blurb it advises... "The lens is a little bit larger then the lens on the phantom. You may add a piece of officetape on the camera so that it get's that snug fit."

jonboy73 said:
srandall25 said:

reading the blurb it advises... "The lens is a little bit larger then the lens on the phantom. You may add a piece of officetape on the camera so that it get's that snug fit."
Ah. and here I thought it was designed for the Vision+. Oh well.

I have one and it is very light. It doesn't affect the gimbal operation at all. You can wrap a little bit of black electrical tape around the P2V+ camera and trim to size then when you put on the lens hood it will fit snug.

3D printing is nice and sure looks super professional. Electric tape is as cheap as it gets, but I' worry about adhesive residue and it might come off during a flight when you rely on "hood" working. Here is poor man's hood. Components: piece of bendable black matte plastic (old notebook cover or something similar), self-adhesive foam ~2mm thick (dollar store - crafts section), piece of rubber band (postman drops it around the house once in a while :)).

I cut the plastic to mimic the hood and to go around the lens. Approx length is 3" (75mm). Applied self-adhesive foam on inside of the hood to add extra friction and padding. Wrapped the hood around lens cover to shape it properly and wrapped elastic band on it. I happened to have matching colours of foam and elastic band. Nice touch. :))

Attachments

• lens-hood-01.jpg
    lens-hood-01.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 451
  • lens-hood-02.jpg
    lens-hood-02.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 482
Update!

I have done some corrections to the petal lens and it should be tighter now. I just received a sample for my self and the Petal lens looks great, a perfect mate black finish that reduces the lensflares and shadows. It is more tight now, but i dont wont to make it smaller, just add a small piece of office tape or a rubberband to secure it.

Btw, Looks ten times more professionell then the DYI above ;)

Joakim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl