How to avoid corrupted files?

Reaction score
I've had my P3 4K for a week. I've had corrupted files twice.

1st time, I was not aware that sudden power off tends to corrupt files due to insufficient time to write it to the card.

Today however, I kept P3 on for 2 minutes after landing/stop recording. Unfortunately, I got corrupted file again.

Is there a time to keep the unit ON to make sure it saves all okay to the card?

What is the best practice here.

I use Sandisk Ultra 64GB card.

Anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks.

I've had my P3 4K for a week. I've had corrupted files twice.

1st time, I was not aware that sudden power off tends to corrupt files due to insufficient time to write it to the card.

Today however, I kept P3 on for 2 minutes after landing/stop recording. Unfortunately, I got corrupted file again.

Is there a time to keep the unit ON to make sure it saves all okay to the card?

What is the best practice here.

I use Sandisk Ultra 64GB card.

Anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks.
Generally just re powering up the phantom with SD card still inserted will help close the file and then it should be readable. This has always worked for me.
Otherwise, be sure to reformat the card. If you are still getting corrupted files, then there could be a problem with the card itself.

The best way to avoid file getting corrupted is to insert or take out ad card when Phantom is in off position.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

"Generally just re powering up the phantom with SD card still inserted will help close the file and then it should be readable. This has always worked for me."

- Have tried it numerous times, but my files did not get fixed

"The best way to avoid file getting corrupted is to insert or take out ad card when Phantom is in off position."

- Otherwise has never been a case here. Always card in/out in OFF position.

Thanks for your help.

While it's not likely it is possible you have a "flaky" SD card. If it were mine I would give it a 2nd chance by:

A) Formatting the card (make sure you save anything you want to keep onto another drive)
B) Do some testing fly, shoot vid, stop vid, land power off. If it keeps going I would buy another SD card and see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

I've ordered the newest "phantom verified" micro SD Card from SANDISK - V30.

We'll see how it goes with that one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj