how to attach Boscam TS353 tx to P2?

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering, for those of you who have the Boscam TS353 transmitter, how did you attach it to your P2? I had thought I could double-sided tape it, but it's got the circuit board on one side and a notched surface on the other...?

canadavenyc said:
Hi, just wondering, for those of you who have the Boscam TS353 transmitter, how did you attach it to your P2? I had thought I could double-sided tape it, but it's got the circuit board on one side and a notched surface on the other...?
Did you remove the plastic wrap ??? :lol: Yes? if yes, find another one, tight it, tape it, and velcro it on the heatsink side, to the Phantoms belly. (mine was setup this way by the shop.)
If you didn't remove it, good job, attach it with velcro, part on the phantom belly, counterpart on the heatsink. The whole surface. Mine has never overheated so far.
Hope that answers your question. :)

I did not remove the tape yet, thank goodness :) I'll attach it as you said, but I think I'll double-sided tape it (strong stuff) rather than velcro (personal preference).

canadavenyc said:
I did not remove the tape yet, thank goodness :) I'll attach it as you said, but I think I'll double-sided tape it (strong stuff) rather than velcro (personal preference).

Why not. But if you have to remove it temporarily, it might become a bit messy IMO. Your call :)

sergekouper said:
canadavenyc said:

Why not. But if you have to remove it temporarily, it might become a bit messy IMO. Your call :)
Hmmm, fair point. My concern with velcro is, wouldn't it be possible (theoretically) for the velcro to come unstuck under some kind of flight stresses? The double-sided tape I have says it'll hold 15kg. That ain't movin' ;) But velcro...I dunno, maybe I'm just paranoid...just seems like a good blast of wind, combined with speed through the air, or bouncing on the ground on landing, or whatever, might dislodge it?

I used Scotch "exterior (outdoor) mounting tape" it's double sided. cut pieces to even out any "bumps" in the side of the Tx that you're attaching to the phantom to help make a more even surface, then cap it all off with a fresh layer. I've never even remotely felt like mine was in danger of coming loose

So far I lost nothing, but I always check my stuf is in place (just a reflex to press the VTX and Iosd mini a bit) It never came close to fall.
Yesterday I moved the Iosd inside to make some space for the tracker. It looks rock solid and the velcro will make easier to replace batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31