How to appreciate your Phantom 3 even more!

My six year old loves it when I chase him around the house with my X5c - the dog loves chasing it even more. He's caught it many times, but I've trained him to drop it once it's "dead". Amazing how much abuse this little thing has taken, and how much better it's made my Phantom flying.

Reactions: Corvette595
I have a couple CX-10's (tiny palm sized quad that I bought through Meh) and a crappy helicopter or two. A friend left his Hubsan here for a while before I got my Phantom and I gotta say, I have never enjoyed flying it. Too much work, not at all stable and the FPV and camera are about useless, IMO. After flying the P3P I never want to use anything else! Although to be fair I hardly used what I had before anyway. The Phantom is just that good.

Reactions: bobmyers
With compass error the P3 switches to Atti mode if I am correct, so indeed it will remain altitude, but it will drift with the wind if you let go of the sticks on the controller.
Good to know. I could easily fly it back as long as had video too.

X5C for me along with tiny Nano. That little "flea" is hard to fly. My girlfriend let me practice landing on her *** one day. That was fun :)

I have a BLADE Nano QX RTF Quadcopter retails for $80 and it is an ABSOLUTE blast to fly when you can't get out with P3 due to rain - the agility,steadiness,speed and toughness will blow you away ! Great to train on or land on your cat !
Because of how good my Blade MCX2 helicopter has been (3 or 4 years old and have never broke a blade), I was looking very seriously at the Nano QX. Blade seems to make some good products. What is the realistic flight time on it? Hubsan only flies about 6 minutes.

I have a BLADE Nano QX RTF Quadcopter retails for $80 and it is an ABSOLUTE blast to fly when you can't get out with P3 due to rain - the agility,steadiness,speed and toughness will blow you away ! Great to train on or land on your cat !
My cat is so lazy, I practically landed it on her head this weekend and she hardly moved. She weighs about 20 lbs.

Reactions: snowghost
You're right - flying a Phantom is dramatically different from flying some of these cheaper quadcopters (mine is a Syma X8C). Phantom's hover and brakes are great, which you don't have on the cheaper copters.
I have noticed here on the forum that a lot of people like the Syma X8. What is the realistic flight time on a battery for that one?

X5C for me along with tiny Nano. That little "flea" is hard to fly. My girlfriend let me practice landing on her *** one day. That was fun :)
Hmm, I guess that I need a girlfriend. My wife **** sure isn't going to let me play that:( Especially after she saw me with the bloody paper towel.

Reactions: snowghost
I keep an x5SC for indoor flying and the 8C for outside. I picked up the 5SC last week and it's a blast as long as you have no wind outside, so it's best inside. The 8C is heavy and needs to be around NO one when you fly it :)

The wife has been out of town on a gig and asked about the 5C so I made a silly montage of it and sent it to her:

What I've seen brought up has been a pet peeve of mine..I have several Phantoms, which have always flown great. Over the summer, though, I started to get into a smaller quad for FPV racing. My one big wish is that the flight controllers on the RTF or ARF racing quads would have altitude hold. I don't need the GPS, but the altitude hold would be a welcome addition until I became skilled enough to fly without it. I bought a Helipal SRD 250 RTF which I was practicing on (before I broke my ankle in August and got grounded). Great value for the money, but again, there's no altitude hold (since the CC3D doesn't have a barometer). Unlike the Phantom (which is almost automatic), I have to constantly work on flying the SRD 250-it takes insane concentration. It also goes so fast that it can move out of view if you turn your head for more than a second!

At ANY time.. the Hubsan X4 107b is one of the best Quads you can buy. $45...wow! It is a superb and stable flyer. The PERFECT trainer. Get extra blades and batteries. There is nothing else like it. If you fly the Phantom (which flies itself) and then try another Quad, you will have big difficulty. If you learn the Hubsan - you can fly any quad perfectly. It's the best $45 you can spend on a quad. It is perfect indoors- and rocks outside too. End to end on the football field...50+MPH...in seconds... at night...scare the joggers!

What I've seen brought up has been a pet peeve of mine..I have several Phantoms, which have always flown great. Over the summer, though, I started to get into a smaller quad for FPV racing. My one big wish is that the flight controllers on the RTF or ARF racing quads would have altitude hold. I don't need the GPS, but the altitude hold would be a welcome addition until I became skilled enough to fly without it. I bought a Helipal SRD 250 RTF which I was practicing on (before I broke my ankle in August and got grounded). Great value for the money, but again, there's no altitude hold (since the CC3D doesn't have a barometer). Unlike the Phantom (which is almost automatic), I have to constantly work on flying the SRD 250-it takes insane concentration. It also goes so fast that it can move out of view if you turn your head for more than a second!
I hear you! At my skill level, it would surely add greatly to the enjoyment of the cheaper quads. I would gladly pay extra money for that single feature. That is one of my favorite features on my Phantom 3.

well i had a crash with my phantom today. i got too close to a tree and got stuck in it, the phantom flipped and ended up in some bushes. wasnt a super hard hit as everything was intact. just scared that i had broke it, but it all seems ok. wiped the stains off, cleaned the lense, did imu calibration and gimbal calibration and the phantom flew as before my accident.

i appreciate even more now for some reason, so happy its still working [emoji28]

i kinda froze as i hit the tree, i was just hovering but i froze and didnt try to fly up or away at all... was close to the ground though [emoji4]

"As far as?" Do you mean suggestions about other flying machineS?

After the bleeding stopped, I had a great evening flying indoors. If anybody has other suggestions as far as a indoor flying machine I would love to hear them.[/QUOTE]

Because of how good my Blade MCX2 helicopter has been (3 or 4 years old and have never broke a blade), I was looking very seriously at the Nano QX. Blade seems to make some good products. What is the realistic flight time on it? Hubsan only flies about 6 minutes.
For awesome fun look into getting yourself a Blade mCP X BL heli. ;-)
Blade mCP X BL BNF (BLH3980): Blade - #1 By Design
Brushless motors and collective pitch rotor blades!! What a blast.
"As far as?" Do you mean suggestions about other flying machineS?

After the bleeding stopped, I had a great evening flying indoors. If anybody has other suggestions as far as a indoor flying machine I would love to hear them.
Yes, it's also great flying practice for indoors. If you don't have www.realflight.com

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj