How to always make forward forward flying?

Reaction score
Is there a way to be flying and have forwards always forward and left always left etc. When you start out I get that theres a front and back but when I want to change the view of camera coming towards me or the subject is there a way to control it like the back is now the front?

Check out the videos on course lock. Wouldn't fly that way all the time but good when doing videos. You can even change the direction of the camera and keep forward and backwards on your sticks.

Reactions: Benvg
Check out the videos on course lock. Wouldn't fly that way all the time but good when doing videos. You can even change the direction of the camera and keep forward and backwards on your sticks.

Not a good idea for a newbie. :(

Is there a way to be flying and have forwards always forward and left always left etc. When you start out I get that theres a front and back but when I want to change the view of camera coming towards me or the subject is there a way to control it like the back is now the front?

What ever direction you want to be forward can be. If I point the front of the Phantom 2 to my left to film then the left and right become forward and back. Practice those maneuvers in an open area for a bit, you will get it.

As has already been mentioned, course lock will do what you want i.e. if you push the right stick forward and your Phantom starts travelling directly away from you, no matter which way you turn your Phantom pushing the right stick forward will always move your drone away from you. Bear in mind that this remains true only while you do not turn yourself. If you should turn 90 degrees to your left, pushing the stick forward will now have your drone moving away to your right.

This is why others who have already replied to this thread are advocating that you become familiar with flying your drone without relying on course lock so that you become familiar with how to fly your drone whichever way it is facing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20