How strict are the CAA in uk

Reaction score
Ok, so last year it snowed and I never flew my P3A in the snow before. So excited and proud I uploaded the video on YouTube. Last night a guy commented and said I was stupid as I flew over a traffic jam on a quiet road. He then hash tagged my video with the CAA and also said he will send it to the police.

Is this guy over reacting? I did take the video down but I mean.... A little thing like that and he starts causing issues!!!
obviously this guy gets pleasure being a grass and I was just wondering if the police or the CAA will actually do anything?

Ok, so last year it snowed and I never flew my P3A in the snow before. So excited and proud I uploaded the video on YouTube. Last night a guy commented and said I was stupid as I flew over a traffic jam on a quiet road. He then hash tagged my video with the CAA and also said he will send it to the police.

Is this guy over reacting? I did take the video down but I mean.... A little thing like that and he starts causing issues!!!
obviously this guy gets pleasure being a grass and I was just wondering if the police or the CAA will actually do anything?

In a nut shell....NO.......the UK CAA can't even keep up with the important work they have....:)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Cheers guys. I might as well upload all my others I took down as well. Shame as I had a few hundred youtube hits. Got some cracking footage of the cutty sark at Greenwich. Think I will be ok to upload them?

Well, its extremely unlikely and I would go as far as to say you have no need to worry at all. The CAA and police have more pressing things to occupy their time. If a UAV causes personal injury to someone then it MAYBE a different matter.

Have a look at this :-

Drone Flying in the UK: Laws & Rules with the CAA Drone Code - YouTube

And this :-

Drone/UAV Laws & Rules in the UK - YouTube

Then have a look at :-

Birmingham 4K Aerial footage. England, United Kingdom - YouTube

So how many rules did this bloke break? He U-Tubed in Jun 2016, and as far as I know he is still flying.

I might suggest that the bloke who made the comment over reacted totally.:mad:

I took this :-

Flying Scotsman Ludlow air/ground & facts - YouTube

It has been suggested - with a few choice four letter words slung in for good measure - that it is likely that I would have hit the train had the aircraft failed. True I suppose, but where the suppositions stop - Lord knows.

As long as you use common sense and follow guidelines then you have nothing to worry about.

Just a little story to end. I was flying from a field and a copper in plain clothes approached me after I had landed. He identified himself and then asked me if I had got permission from the land owner to take off. I replied that I had. He had watched me overfly a property but his main concern was how to operate the Phantom and which model he should buy.

Its a funny old world.:confused:

Last edited:
It has been suggested that it is likely that I would have hit the train had the aircraft failed. True I suppose,

So too might I do if one of the aircraft I fly failed, along with the 230 people sitting behind me.....!!!!!

Lol wow thanks guys. I feel a **** of a lot better now. Really appreciate all the videos too that was added on this thread. Now on my way to re-uploadong all of my videos again [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: deltamike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie