Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

how screwed am I?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by johno1, Jun 11, 2014.

1. johno1

Hi everyone,

I received my phantom 2 with H3-3D last week and have been loving it. I saw a video on youtube from thatHPI guy walking through how to install a FPV system.

I ordered all the parts for the install and dove right in the other day. Here is where it's get bad. I mixed up the red wires from the video transmitter that connect to the phantoms board and as a result I fried the video transmitter. I am using the RC 600mw. I knew that the transmitter was done so I ordered another one. Upon further inspection I found that the connection point on the Phantoms board burned which worries me because that means I will not be able to power the new video transmitter... See photo below. Are my days of doing FPV on this phantom done? Do I need to order another one?

Thanks for the help!

Jonathan

[​IMG]

2. dano7602

You could just wire a fpv system without using the board at all using this cablehttp://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/iosd-mini-gopro-transmitter-cable. This would require you to have a usb cable plugged into the go pro to bypass the board however it is a solution that does not require a new board. You could then solder the power cable of the video transmitter straight to the main power leads on the phantom. This is how I have my fpv system set up because I have a tarot gimbal but it should work with the zenmuse.

3. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

This is a pretty common mistake. If you can get the site to work enough, you'll find other threads with the same issue. There is a workaround but I don't know what it is.

4. johno1

Yeah what's up with this site and its errors..?.

Thanks Ian and Dano for the replies. I will check out the link Dan... I feel like such a bone head. I should have double checked my work and saw that he cut the red wires right off the bat. Won't make that mistake again!