How resilient are these Phantom 3's

Reaction score
I am use to flying single rotor where even a tip over means a repair job.
How much have you guys gotten away with? Without needing repair.

Crashed mine into the bank of a river on my second flight. She scraped the bank, flipped over and plunged upside down into the river.

I opened her up and dried her for 48 hours and she's now flying again. Props are fine, just a bit dirty and scratched. Everything else seems good.

Crashed mine into the bank of a river on my second flight. She scraped the bank, flipped over and plunged upside down into the river.

I opened her up and dried her for 48 hours and she's now flying again. Props are fine, just a bit dirty and scratched. Everything else seems good.
Wow. You must have thought that was a goner.

I've owned the phantom vision 2 and now the pro 3. Typically, you will go through a set of blade pretty quickly if no prop guards. Usually when there is a little wind and the craft tips over at the end of landing do to a wind usually. I did a few auto landing though and really starting to like this feature and saves blades. Very precise. I would say most the crashes into a tree and or landing in grass or high weeds helps the fall and I walk away with just a broken blade, concrete and pavement will either crack the chassis or landing gear legs. When flying over water, I attach some foam or floaties.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj