Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How reliable are the esc's?

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Torquetube, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Torquetube

How reliable are the FC40/Phantom 1 esc's? As it is sounding like DJI a are going to discontinue the FC40 and Phantom I was just wondering if a Phantom 2 ESC could be dropped straight in as a replacement in the future if it's needed? I hope DJI will continue supplying parts for the FC40/Phantom 1.

2. PsychopathRC

Where did you hear this? I hope they don't stop it soon :cry:

3. Torquetube

My local RC shop said they wouldn't be getting anymore FC40's in as DJI had now discontinued them, I have emailed DJI to ask them directly but guessing it will take ages for them to reply. The FC40/Phantom 1 is a great way to start flying drones on a budget so let's hope it's not true.

4. CityZen

I don't see why the Phantom 2 ESC's wouldn't work. You'd need to rewire the input leads. The LED signals would be left unconnected. There's a schematic of them on rcgroups.com.
    You could hook up a microcontroller to the LED leads and program your own lightshow.