How precise are waypoints? Had two crashes...

To clarify some misunderstandings, the baro is used for height determination always, regardless of mode. The height is always relative to your start point. You need to plan your missions accordingly.
Ya I guess that would make sense cause I noticed my advanced would hold its height a lot better when flying low and hovering compared to my standard because it was using the vps as well. I turned off my vps in my advanced just to test it and noticed a difference in position hold...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Soooo...the takeaway is that a reasonable working margin of safety for our P3's (Pro or Advanced) would be 15' for altitude, 15' radius horizontal (30' diameter)?

Just to add, my first flight with waypoints (P3p on ipad mini), I set first waypoint around 15ft up, 2nd waypoint was about 6ft height, third 15ft, I played the flight and it was fine, then replayed a second time immediately while still in flight and the P3 would have bumped ground if I hadn't flicked back into p-mode, so the barometer is not consistent/reliable I would say +/- 10ft or so.

I have since used waypoints a few times and do like it, both for slow/timelapse, and for accurate flight between specific points, especially with camera tilted down.

I noticed last time I flew pulling back elevator will 'rewind' along the waypoint path, not sure if this is a new addition or always did this, but it gave a great effect for me, I keep meaning to try this as I am guessing forward elevator may 'fast forward' the flight path. I keep a close eye on any obstacles to check I am over them, and have finger on flight mode switch to flick from F to P to stop the flight if it looks too close.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl