How often to change props

Reaction score
How often should you change your propellers
If you don't scuff them with a tip over landing etc and there good, how often should you change them as they are made of plastic and getting flexed often ? :?:

if not roughing up of the props i wouldn't bother, but thats just me.

I've had the same set of props on my phantom from day 1, i've had to change 1 as it broke completely but the other 3 have been bashed, chipped, scuffed and literally bent completely out of shape on more than one occasion and i have just bent them back into (what i think is) the correct position and took off again with no issues.

Based on that, i really don't think the flexing from normal flight is going to affect it much (if at all) over time, if the abuse i've given mine doesn't seem to affect it that much.

Props are really durable if not crashed. I change between 8" and 9" depending on the flight characteristics I want, but I don't bother replacing them normally or swapping spares or anything.

Cheers, was just wondering as they are made from plastic and will flex a great deal in flight, and even plastic eventually wears and would lose its elasticity and could snap. But I guess not for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.