How often do you fly? GPS?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'm using my P4 to much, and if I should be using it less often I'm currently flying about 2-4 times a day just around my town getting used to the aircraft and just having fun in general. I've been reading some articles and saw someone say don't just fly to fly, and you should only use your drone for when you're actually going to use the footage/pictures. If this is the case then there is absolutely no point in owning a drone if flying it 2-4 times a day, a couple days of the week is going to shorten its lifespan tremendously. Also another question I have how HIGHLY recommended is it to get a Trackimo for my drone? I'm usually doing long distance flights 1,000+ FT away.

If this is the case then there is absolutely no point in owning a drone if flying it 2-4 times a day, a couple days of the week is going to shorten its lifespan tremendously.
Phantoms are pretty durable. You should have no trouble with a flying schedule like that. Some people here fly nearly everyday.

Also another question I have how HIGHLY recommended is it to get a Trackimo for my drone
Trackers in general are useful to help you retrieve your Phantom if it crashes and/or auto lands mid-flight. Those events are not an everyday thing, but it could happen and it's a lot of money to lose if you're not able to recover your Phantom.

The Trackimo (get the 3G version) and Marco Polo are nice options (I own both). Most trackers (like the Trackimo) require a monthly fee to use. The Marco Polo uses a radio signal to track and has no monthly fee. The downside is it can only track a Phantom that's up to about two miles away. If it's further away than that, you'll need to travel in the direction you believe it's located until the radio signal is found (see more details about it in this video). You can find some other commonly used trackers here.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj