How often do you charge the RC?

Zzz

Reaction score
Do you charge it after every day of flights? My battery seems to be holding up great, can fly 4 P4P batteries with a single RC charge and the RC does not drop a single led light indicating the charge level. Not sure whether I should still charge it after every day of use or should I wait for the charge to drop more significantly...

Also, are you guys charging the RC at the same time as the batteries? Cos apparently that's a no-no...

Your RC will fly more than 5 AC batteries easy. I charge my RC when the second light on my RC starts to flash, I never take off without at least two battery lights on RC. If I plan to go fly my 4 batteries I will full charge my RC. Many small charges on your RC will not harm the battery as a lipo can take more small charge cycles than full cycles.

Reactions: Zzz
I often use up to 5 batteries on an outing, RC charged every 2-3 outings I think (approx) or there about ie: it's very efficient in battery use it seems. I do charge RC & Batteries in occasion, have the 100 Watt P3P version & never had a problem. I do supervise charging just in case.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have found the P4P controller does not last as long as the P4 I had before, but I tend to charge up when second to last light on the left starts to flash, and yes I have many times charged the controller and battery at the same time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1