How often do you change props?

Reaction score
Ok so this got me thinking, when do you replace props? Is there a distance traveled, Time in flight, number of take offs ? You replace Tyers at a set distance same with oils and filters in your car so would the same apply to the phantoms? damage of course would write them off, mine have tiny chips from the first few flights when I was learning mode 2 controller again. Anyways just wondering what people's thoughts are.

Been the general consensus here that most of us don't change props until/unless there is some damage. Minor nicks or chips shouldn't be a problem. Although if you have some, you might want to check the balance. Part of every pre-flight check list should include prop inspections. Not just for any damage but to make sure that they are properly tightened.

There is no lifespan for a prop. It could last for 2 flights or for hundreds of flights. Inspect them for damage regularly and change them as needed.

I've had my P3P since June 2015. I have never removed the original installed props. I check them once a month or so and they look and perform like new. But I've also not had any prop contact mishaps either. The only prop maintenance I've done is cleaning off the bug juice during the summer months.

Keep on using until you see any physical damage or deformation. They are cheap, change them if you feel like changing to new ones any time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic