How necessary is a tracker for the P3?

Regarding my comment on warranty after flyaway, it was more to the fact that you have no claim with no bird, at least there's something to work with if you find the flyaway. Just my opinion. Anyway..
the realtime positioning independent of the app is pretty invaluable IMO. I can't tell you the number of times I've whipped out my cell and checked the flytrex app when phantom connection breaks or I lose control signal.
Personal record tracking is pretty cool too, as is the real time telemetry data automatically backed up to the server.
I dunno, just makes everything seamless IMO and I like that.

I see where you are coming from, no bird no chance of warranty claim.

I believe the unit I have ordered sends live data for you to view on the manufactures website, I think the standard setting for sending information is every 10 minutes, but I believe this can be changed. For this to work you do need to make sure you have a data plan on the sim. As you stated I'm sure the flytrex is seamless and it also looks the part imo, and was a serious contender until dji declared the warranty issue.

Lets hope my GPS device works just as well, or even better, that I never have the need to use it.

The thing about the "warranty" is that it is a blanket one. It applies to ALL DJI products (All phantoms, Inspires, Flame Wheels, Ronin's,etc...). Below is what DJI support referred me to when asked about opening the shell.

http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service

The thing about the "warranty" is that it is a blanket one. It applies to ALL DJI products (All phantoms, Inspires, Flame Wheels, Ronin's,etc...). Below is what DJI support referred me to when asked about opening the shell.

http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service
Strange how the "not covered" list is 3x longer than the "covered" list :). At this price point these birds are almost disposable after shipping back, replacing parts, downtime, etc. I think dji knows that. Its smart business tbh. Not like these things are anything like the consumer tech that sits on our desks or mantles and don't move. That type of thing is easy to warranty.... Imagine if your flat screen had props, no way would there be a 1yr warranty for all bad things except throwing it in the pool. Can't blame them, bottom line is what its all about.

"Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery."

LOL. Funny since they have had lots of battery issues on their own.

I see where you are coming from, no bird no chance of warranty claim.

I believe the unit I have ordered sends live data for you to view on the manufactures website, I think the standard setting for sending information is every 10 minutes, but I believe this can be changed. For this to work you do need to make sure you have a data plan on the sim. As you stated I'm sure the flytrex is seamless and it also looks the part imo, and was a serious contender until dji declared the warranty issue.

Lets hope my GPS device works just as well, or even better, that I never have the need to use it.

From what I understand from many others on this forum, others and my own experience (2 flyaways, 1 loss) it is only a matter of time before it happens. A GPS device like Trackimo or others will at least get your bird back. I won't fly w/o one now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20