How much would DBS mod help in my pathetic case?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So my phantom 3 standard has drastically reduced range after the firmware upgrade and I have tried every solution to fix it, and nothing has helped.

I have accepted my shitty luck and I think I ll have to invest on a DBS mod. Now, with my P3S maxing out at 70-80 meters, how much improvement can I expect out of the DBS mod? If it can stretch it to 200-400 meters, I will be happy.

Thanks.

I think you should not invest money to DJI defects.
They should fix it for free.
Let's assume that's not possible in my case. I will still have to pay 150$ for shipping it to Ho k Kong and will have to pay custom taxes on its re-import.

Let's assume that's not possible in my case. I will still have to pay 150$ for shipping it to Ho k Kong and will have to pay custom taxes on its re-import.
Is there a import tax on item that is not purchase but just being service from out of the country?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found this out only recently, if you want to downgrade from the firmware version you are running, power up DGI GO app, your RC and and then start your drone.
In the main DGI GO app screen in the top right hand corner is a graduation hat symbol. Press and hold it for 10 secs and when you let go it will take you to a firmware screen, it will tell you your current version and below will have previous versions for you to download and install.
How cool is that!

75a96e5124c8284aace5a97c0494baf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I found this out only recently, if you want to downgrade from the firmware version you are running, power up DGI GO app, your RC and and then start your drone.
In the main DGI GO app screen in the top right hand corner is a graduation hat symbol. Press and hold it for 10 secs and when you let go it will take you to a firmware screen, it will tell you your current version and below will have previous versions for you to download and install.
How cool is that!

75a96e5124c8284aace5a97c0494baf7.jpg

It didn't help.

Usually you don't pay import tax on a repair that has been done abroad.

Do you have it on 'Beginner' mode by mistake?

Well if your not going to send it back open remote up and inspect the connection also in the bird

Well if your not going to send it back open remote up and inspect the connection also in the bird

I checked the remote and everything seems fine. How do I check the same on the aircraft?

Still waiting for a relevant answer. How much would the DBS mod help in my case?
DBS booster on a phantom standard to get just 500m .Search this .I had /have the same problem . After installing the DBS I was looking at the DJi antenna and the small gold end came off in my hand I didn't pull it at all. After doing some research I found out that this is a common problem even back to the earlier Phantoms ! The mod was not hard you just have to be careful .There are other cheaper solutions if this is whats wrong with yours .Search" broken antenna" I still think there could be other problems but this is the first place to look apparently.

Reactions: Dronego
I checked the remote and everything seems fine. How do I check the same on the aircraft?
When you open bird up you will see where they hook up on board it's the same connection as on remote
3904633ce79c63bb452d52c9826fc212.jpg

It's hard to say how much it will help. To me it sounds like a hardware issue for your very limited range. Id try to figure out the reasoning for your issue in your limited range and then try the DBS antenna after.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20