How much weight (fish) can a P3P lift?

Reaction score
Got a little pond out back and thought I might try to catch a small blue gill or bass. I'm sure this is a bad idea but that usually hasn't stopped me. Would use super light line that would hopefully break if something too big took the bait. How much can a P3P lift?

LMAO - 3rd drone in a month - sound like a couple of "cool crazy canucks" for sure - way to go guys, loved it, so funny when the fish hit (nice fish).

So what brought down the bird - pulling on the fish line or what?

I read in an article someone had 3lbs max on a P3P - but didn't handle very well at all!

EDIT: Where's the brewskies.................eh?

You might consider removing the camera during your fishing expedition. It will allow for more payload and if you do dunk your Phantom, at least the camera won't get wet or muddy.
;)

The old motor version will lift more than the new motors. I've often thought that having the drone troll a lake with the fishing line, free-wheeling from a shoreline rod&reel would be a clever way to fish more territory. If the line was on a sprung wire hanging from the Phantom, so it would release from the wire if jerked with a couple of pounds, that would be a fun time. Fishing by drone. I wonder if there any laws against that yet.

You might consider removing the camera during your fishing expedition. It will allow for more payload and if you do dunk your Phantom, at least the camera won't get wet or muddy.
;)
But the camera lets you see the fish (unfrozen lakes) so you can pull the bait right in front of it's nose.:p

Last edited:
LMAO - 3rd drone in a month - sound like a couple of "cool crazy canucks" for sure - way to go guys, loved it, so funny when the fish hit (nice fish).

So what brought down the bird - pulling on the fish line or what?

I read in an article someone had 3lbs max on a P3P - but didn't handle very well at all!

EDIT: Where's the brewskies.................eh?

I think the line got tugged when everyone rushed for the fish which pulled down the Phantom.... or he hit RTH with a dead battery :)

As for the brewskies... my guess is they're in the DJI Phantom back pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues