How much to set this p2v up

Reaction score
Hi there's a guy selling a p2v that he "found" no controller or extra batteries for $400US . To buy a remote, charger wifi extender and extra battery so I can get flying would it be worth it? Thanks

Sounds like a good deal to me, as long as it is not stolen.
eBay prices ( top dollar )
1) tx ( controller under $100 )
2) extender ( $80-$100 )
3) charger ( $40 )
4) battery ( $90-140 )

Your looking around $700-$750 that is paying top dollar for parts.
I'm sure you can find them cheaper if you look.
New still $975. Your saving a few HONDO!

I have an extra Tx with extender and mounts ( from a crashed phantom 2 vision )
I might even have a charger? No batteries though , sorry.
Hit me up if you buy it. We will work something out ( my extender is modded with external antenna )

The biggest problem you'll have is getting QR CODE for your camera, I think you can contact DJI to get it
You need it to bind your extender to your camera on phantom.

Take care, Good luck!
J Dot

That is an "Iffy" one. I would try to get an address from him then start asking questions on just how he "found" it. If he starts talking and tells you something that he ripped off a name and phone number label, I would consider advising the LEO's in his area of a possible stolen item. If he tells you he made many attempts to find an owner and can prove it, then maybe.
I know if I found one, I would make every attempt to find the owner.

You would be taking a chance that the quad doesn't have problems itself. I really don't know how much time should be spent finding owner. But ya should try. I would hope that if someone found mine, they would return it. I personally would not take a reward for finding one and returning to owner unless I paid to have it listed somewhere. They could pay for that.

Thanks for replies, I'll ask him if he has been trying to chase up an owner, I'll also take my remote to his house to test before I hand over the cash, any easy ways to test it 100%? I was thinking of just cutting a few laps of his house and making sure camera and gimbel work?

If he dont have the tx then more then likely he did just find it. Tho finding some thing and keeping it with out making any diligent effort to find the owner is still "legally" considered theft.

Tho if you add in the cost to buy all brand new stuff for it your not quite at the retail price of a brand new p2v But if you do get it and have to buy a new controller range extender and battery you can get one of the new upgraded remote controls for it for $99 or a used older style one for as cheap as less then $50.
a brand new battery is about $120 these days. charger is about $39ish
and a range extender is about $100 for a brand new re500 But the best bang for the buck is to just go get a vision plus extender (re700) which has a lot more range they are about $130 unless you really shop around and find one on sale for 100-120 ish

So you are looking at about $310 ish to $390ish Tho thats almost the cost of a new one. but if you shoped around and got every thing but a used battery you could get down lower then $300 to get it going providing nothing is wrong with it that needs fixing. But to test it and the camrea you are going to need a controller and a range extender and a battery so it seem sort of risky if you have to buy them things first to be able to know if you want to buy this one. If you dont have any of this stuff all ready or some one that can go with you that you can use there's to test it.

But if you were going to buy it and hes asking 400 for some thing he found and its all just free money that fell out of the sky so to speak. Heck Id even see if they would take $200 being they dont have any thing invested in to any way. and $200 in his pocket might be better then nothing or they might counter offer and say 300 and you say 250 and they say ok deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers