Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How much to charge for Pix4d 3d mapping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MattyMatt1, Sep 14, 2015.

1. MattyMatt1

Hi all, anybody use pix4d to create 3d mapping? I'm just curious what to charge clients as I'm getting alot of requests.
    Thanks

2. III% Streve

I would probably START at $500 an acre for a something like a farmer.. basically flat land. But Corporate construction projects and such wouldn't start for less than $2000. The air time needed is the biggest factor obviously. The monthly rental is $800 or something if I remember right. So I would make that my minimum fee, no matter what the project. Then sweeten the deals with aerial photography and video during their project.

That's what I went in to the market with anyway.

3. MattyMatt1

Thanks for that info %. Not many people doing it around me so it's hard to get a feeling. Don't want to under sell....or over sell.

4. cdronefly

A rough want to look at it may be to charge at least $100 an hour for all time you need on the project (at the job and post).
    Those are roughly the costs for a "man and a service truck" and probably apply here also.

If a job has high value (maybe certain sites or buildings are worth a lot more than a farm field), you should charge more for those....just as remodeling on a luxury mansion costs more than repair jobs on a rental apartment.

5. John Locke

Hey Matt, does this work with Phantom 3 now? Their website implies only Phantom 2 compatibility with the grid flyer.

6. III% Streve

$100 an hour is typical manual labor with tools supplied. Arial mapping and analysis is a highly technical service. That's like offering to pay an architect minimum wage because he's simply drawing pictures!

7. MattyMatt1

Hey John, I'll be honest. I use a p2v+. Assuming it was available for p3 as well.

Yeah I actually charge $100/hr for photography and processing. But where 3d is a little more technical I hope to charge more. I agree that 'big clients' can afford bigger bills.

Thanks folks.

8. Bryce

For $8700 bucks... I think that's a great price for what it can do. I'd be charging in the thousands though for work based out of it. It's not going to edit itself.

9. MattyMatt1

Your right Bryce. Thanks.