how much to charge for aerial videos?

Don't forget that if you do this as a business you should really factor the cost of insurance to protect yourself. In the UK you'd first need the CAA qualification (Or you are illegal) and public liability at minimum which would potentially cover you if you crashed into a person due to a fault (pilot error could be deemed as negligance). It is likely the same in the US and the risk of being thrown a law suit there is much higher. Also consider cover for property damage too.
As mad as it sounds you will cover your costs by being able to charge more for doing this and who wants to risk crashing a Phantom into a child at a wedding without knowing you are covered!! :lol:

Yes, their have been a few times I've made $1000 on a Saturday morning. The two real estate companies I've done work for have been super easy to deal with. It helps to know one or two people working there. All of my dealings are also cash, do I except it to last much longer? Not really, another year or two at the most and a lot of people will figure out whats going on. Whats the old saying? Strike when the iron is hot. I've been doing this as a hobby or about 12 years now, started way back with a Draganfly and small wireless camera. I really don't have much of anything online. I download the video to a thumb drive and hand it to the person who is the "regular" photographer. It can be very easy cash if you know what your are doing. I'm going to ride the wave until it runs out.

And for those wondering, no I don't carry any extra UAV insurance. I don't fly over any of the homes I'm shooting, could it crash and damage a home? sure anything could happen. But the quotes I got for insurance @ 3K-4K a year were absurd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.