How Much Shaking and Vibration can the Phantom Withstand?

Reaction score
I'm planning and taking my P3A with me on the back of my "Adventure" motorcycle. Some of the roads/trails I take are very rough. Roads with rocks and bad washboard. Some places it does seem it will rattle the filings out of your teeth. I've come home from some of these rides with my forearms sore from the "jack-hammering".

I'm planning on using this case; Go Professional Case With Wheels for DJI Phantom 3 and hard-mounting it to the rear rack of the motorcycle.

My question is; Will the Phantom tolerate being bounced and shaken around a lot?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You may be better using a backpack so your body absorbs the bumps. Thats what I do when riding my fat bike. ;)

Thanks!

I thought about it, but two fold; I use a camelbak so I don't want to add any more bulk to my "suit". I've fallen, losing my footing on steep stuff or have tumbled/rolled off the bike when the front tire stuck in sand. So I don't want the quad on me. These aren't fast get-offs, under 10 mph, and the bike generally just lays on its side. So I don't foresee any damage to the box or quad while on the bike for these situations...

But I hear ya, It would isolate the quad from some of the vibration...

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

You may be better using a backpack so your body absorbs the bumps. Thats what I do when riding my fat bike. ;)

hello QuadBart. I was just wondering the same.. have you tested anything? I'd really love to take my bird to some places I can only reach with my enduro bike. I have a back pack for it and would be very careful but I know it would still be quite shaky in there. Of course I would try to keep gimbal as still as possible but I'm worried bout the sensors and the batts. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers