How much of a stretch would human flight be?

Reaction score
The P2V+ has an incredible power to weight ratio, considering it can go as high as thousands of feet off the ground. It is pretty easy to fly because of the quad design, which is inherently pretty stable if you have computer controlled flight as we do. What if one was designed for human flight? It would be about the size of a car. Blades would have a cage around them. Pilot cage would either be above the blades or below, like our camera. The pilot would have just 2 pistol grips to fly it, just like our remotes. A lot of computer control and gps like our birds. Probably could even fly with rechargeable battery packs. Eventually when it became the popular way to get around they would definitely talk to each other to keep from hitting each other. You could also have automatic flight, where you just put in your destination and it goes there. I think we could develop this for less than a billion dollars and it could be the replacement for cars at some point. Wow, what a future that would be. :idea:

At least we would know where we were at if we had a flyaway. :lol:

OK, now it looks more possible than ever. Is this 5 years from now, or 2? Look how far our hobby has come in just 1 year. From a niche hobbyist toy to mass production.

Whats holding up a lot of things in life, not just flight like this is the evolution of the battery technology. It needs to make some huge leaps yet. I think it crazy that in this day and age a smart phone still only lasts a day.

For sure you won't get anyone complaining about the slow 2m/s decent speed limit to avoid vortex ring. :)

Hovtech said:
I think this is the closest we've been to the George Jetson

Ya know ...... I 'believe' this Moller M200G Volantor is actually about as close as we've gotten to George and the family Jetson! :?: :?: :?:
Apparently It also slices, dices and makes Julian fries ....... ;)

7%2520moller_m200-1-1.jpeg

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
It has been done already and they are working now on advancements
Volocopter 18 Propeller Electric Helicopter Takes…: http://youtu.be/0jn1jMAUJ1g

The compass dance would be hell...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member