How Much of a Reward for Found Phantom?

Reaction score
I have been following this forum for the past week and a half after I lost my phantom (original). Searching ways to get it back, prevent it from happening and of course checking out the second generation. After starting to lose hope, I got a call this evening from a private number stating she found my bird. Supposedly she is going to call me tomorrow after work so we can meet up. My question is how much of a reward should I offer? Who else has been through this?

Depends how much you can afford. Remember without her finding it you would probably be up for a brand new Phantom. On the other hand she may not even take the reward.

I'm always scared that if mine flew away and I got a call saying someone has found it, when I get there they would claim it hit them in the head or something and want a payout.

I'd maybe offer like $100 - $200. There is a good chance she wouldn't know the value of it so she might think $100 is very generous.

If she found it in the potato patch, $20-50.
If it plummeted from the sky and hit her baby on the head, in it's pram, outside during a barbecue, $100.

I have a 50 dollar reward if I should ever loose it.But theres not many people where i live that have/or even know what a phantom is.So most likely they dont know how much they are worth.

I got my Phantom back tonight. I tried to pay $100, but she would not take it. I was able to give her 1 1/2 Dozen eggs from my chickens, and some maple syrup I made this year.

It is very nice to have my bird back. As soon as I got in I downloaded the videos to see what went wrong and to see where it actually went. Of course, at 6 minutes the video stopped, so I will be forever in wonderland.

Thanks for everyones help.

Found a Phantom

A Phantom has been found in Gloucestershire.

If you think it is yours let me have model type, description of the accessories on it, reference numbers etc and if theses match, I can return it to you.

depends where you are , how much that person would have to travel , etc . not to many law suit yet , but i bet they will be coming .

MrC said:
If she found it in the potato patch, $20-50.
If it plummeted from the sky and hit her baby on the head, in it's pram, outside during a barbecue, $100.

I LOL'ed

You might suggest meeting the person at a relatively safe place, such as in the lobby of the police station to exchange your bird for the reward.

There have been cases (not involving quadcopters but other "found" items) where the two parties had agreed to meet somewhere, but only for the proper owner of the lost article to get robbed. In San Francisco earlier this year, the robber killed the person with the reward money.

Regarding reward money? My hunch is US$100.

Flying Cephlopod said:
You might suggest meeting the person at a relatively safe place, such as in the lobby of the police station to exchange your bird for the reward.

There have been cases (not involving quadcopters but other "found" items) where the two parties have agree to meet somewhere, but only for the proper owner of the lost article to get robbed. In San Francisco earlier this year, the robber killed the person with the reward money.

Regarding reward money? My hunch is US$100.
In today's society, not a bad idea at all.

jbravo54 said:
I got my Phantom back tonight. I tried to pay $100, but she would not take it. I was able to give her 1 1/2 Dozen eggs from my chickens, and some maple syrup I made this year.

It is very nice to have my bird back. As soon as I got in I downloaded the videos to see what went wrong and to see where it actually went. Of course, at 6 minutes the video stopped, so I will be forever in wonderland.

Thanks for everyones help.

Great news....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31