How much noise does the P3 make?

is loud enough some one will know its there and look up but not so loud that any one could in any way reasonable complain about the noise In less they have some sort of condition were any sound bothers them. BUT if thats the case its there responsibility to go live in the middle of a desert or some place were there are no sounds at all to bother them. Tho I have never been any place on this earth that is so quite there is not some noise even if its just the hum of the earth or nature.

Tho them start up beeps ya they are loud and also piercing do to there high pitch they dont get absorbed by much like more deeper bass sounds would.

I to dont even dare start mine up for any thing when my old lady is sleeping so that I dont get accused by any one of waking up grumpy :) No i did not wake up grumpy..... shes still sleeping lol
Thanks for a great answer!

Reactions: J.James
It's a lot quieter than most of my custom builds. Something about the prop shape makes them relatively quiet. At 400ft it's barely audible.
That's good to know...I was hoping at 400ft it would be silent, I guess depends on wind direction etc

In the countryside I can hear the P3 about 600' away - next to a busy road near a town I was 100' away and couldn't hear it - and yet it didn't seem that noisy there - just gets lost in the background hum!
Near a river or trees rustling again you can hardly hear it. I would NEVER describe it as loud.

Reactions: J.James and nickyb
In the countryside I can hear the P3 about 600' away - next to a busy road near a town I was 100' away and couldn't hear it - and yet it didn't seem that noisy there - just gets lost in the background hum!
Near a river or trees rustling again you can hardly hear it. I would NEVER describe it as loud.
Thanks

Start Up Beeps - They seem to about about 1,000,000 decibels especially when I'm tinkering with the aircraft late at night after the wife is sound asleep (I'm a night owl). I thought about making a "Start Up Sound Proof Box" just for this reason. After the initial INSANELY loud beeps take it out and tinker LOL

That sound attracts my dog from multiple rooms away in my house or even if he is outside and he instantly tries to kill whatever its coming from. My dog and my quads don't mix well. I used to bring him with me when I went out to shoot but he'll even go crazy in my car trying to get it so I had to start making separate dog/quad trips. :(

I saw a test on youtube showing 90db at 1 meter for the P3. Extrapolating that out, it should be in the 48db neighborhhood at 120m...which is audible but not annoyingly loud.

Fly with one prop it makes hardly any noise. Sounds more like grabbing chips from a bag. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4