How much noise does the P3 make?

Reaction score
Hi,

Silly question to some I'm sure, but want to ask anyway. I will be getting my P3P in a few weeks. I have a reasonable size garden, 50m in length with a nice field at the back.

My question is, does the P3 make a lot of noise, especially when it takes off? Thinking about the neighbours etc..

Thanks.

It sounds like a loud swarm of bees... not as loud as a weed-wacker or anything like that....

It's fairly noisy but that is a personal opinion. In a noisy urban setting the noise of the 4 props may not be that alarming but the same aircraft in a quiet country setting would be perceived completely different.

It's fairly noisy but that is a personal opinion. In a noisy urban setting the noise of the 4 props may not be that alarming but the same aircraft in a quiet country setting would be perceived completely different.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

I live in the english countryside so I guess people will know its coming.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I live in the english countryside so I guess people will know its coming.
I live in a very rural area (very quiet usually) and my neighbors have never mentioned the noise yet. I only hover for a few moments and then the aircraft is up above tree level zooming around and at height it's not that annoying. Keep in mind if I were NUDE sunbathing (not going to happen LOL) or trying to read a book the sound hovering 20' over me would be a pain in the tail but other than that it isn't bad at height.

Don't know what you guys are talking about as mine sounds like a big block V8 :p

Back to topic it sounds exactly like what the members have said above, a swarm of bee's but not that noticeable when at height ;)

If I were you I would be more worried about the stupid start up beep which draws more attention, those beeps are freaking loud and annoying at times lol

Hi,

Silly question to some I'm sure, but want to ask anyway. I will be getting my P3P in a few weeks. I have a reasonable size garden, 50m in length with a nice field at the back.

My question is, does the P3 make a lot of noise, especially when it takes off? Thinking about the neighbours etc..

Thanks.
Sod the neighbours, just buy one, they can always move!!

Start Up Beeps - They seem to about about 1,000,000 decibels especially when I'm tinkering with the aircraft late at night after the wife is sound asleep (I'm a night owl). I thought about making a "Start Up Sound Proof Box" just for this reason. After the initial INSANELY loud beeps take it out and tinker LOL

Reactions: dlbyers and J.James
I live in a very rural area (very quiet usually) and my neighbors have never mentioned the noise yet. I only hover for a few moments and then the aircraft is up above tree level zooming around and at height it's not that annoying. Keep in mind if I were NUDE sunbathing (not going to happen LOL) or trying to read a book the sound hovering 20' over me would be a pain in the tail but other than that it isn't bad at height.
Good to know, thanks...I just imagine surface to air missiles and shotguns from some of my neighbours LOL

it will turn heads and people will look up. More altitude less noise. But here we only go to 400 ft and it's a lot less noisy than at 100 ft. Give it the ole trial and error and judge for yourself. Don't test at 6 am or you may get some nasty looks and a few words.

Reactions: nickyb
is loud enough some one will know its there and look up but not so loud that any one could in any way reasonable complain about the noise In less they have some sort of condition were any sound bothers them. BUT if thats the case its there responsibility to go live in the middle of a desert or some place were there are no sounds at all to bother them. Tho I have never been any place on this earth that is so quite there is not some noise even if its just the hum of the earth or nature.

Tho them start up beeps ya they are loud and also piercing do to there high pitch they dont get absorbed by much like more deeper bass sounds would.

I to dont even dare start mine up for any thing when my old lady is sleeping so that I dont get accused by any one of waking up grumpy :) No i did not wake up grumpy..... shes still sleeping lol

Reactions: BigAl07 and nickyb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20