How much is to much wind to fly

Reaction score
i have been trying to go fly my phantom, but wind is at 16mph, seems that everytime i get it up in the air in gps mode, its struggling to stay level, i am afraid of flying it like this, what is a safe zone (meaning wind velocity) to fly

Sana

panhygrous pantler said:
Lots is the answer. Especially in ATTI mode.

25 gusting to 36 was easily manageable last week.

Wow and your phantom did not want to roll over?, mine does, especially if i make a turn, a gust of wind would pick that end up and made it look like it wants to flip over

Sana

WOW.... I must be a wimp I usually put it down when it gets over 10, typically you'll have more wind at higher altitudes so I just pack it in. But I'm still pretty new so not as bold as some.

Garysam said:
WOW.... I must be a wimp I usually put it down when it gets over 10, typically you'll have more wind at higher altitudes so I just pack it in. But I'm still pretty new so not as bold as some.

That makes two of us, lol

Sana

In theory, it should be able to handle a fair bit but I think anything over 20 is not much fun. Keep in mind the wind at 100ft will typically be stronger than the surface. The higher up you go, the more wind you'll likely encounter. Not always true but it tends to work like that.

Well, the maximum speed (listed) for the Phantom 2 is "15m/s(Not Recommended)" (33mph)
and Phantom 1 is listed at 10m/s (22mph).

If you're flying in winds that potentially are greater than that,. you can potentially say bye-bye to your Phantom :eek:

flying in wind is no fun.
But if you need to get your flying fix, stay low and safe if you're uncertain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1