How much is the better is lightbridge on Pro?

Reaction score
Hi,
I was thinking of getting a P3 to go with my P2. I am not bothered by 4K so the only other difference I am interested in is the difference between the 2mb and up to 10mb downlink. I won't be using goggles but a tablet with a screen size of about 9 inches. Is the 2mb much of a deal breaker? Also having not yet got a tablet but thinking of an Ipad is there any recommendations on a good one? I am in the UK.

cheers

thinking of an Ipad is there any recommendations on a good one
The iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro 9.7" are good options since they have brighter, less reflective screens. However, any device on this list will technically work.

Reactions: fly-catchers
Hi,
I was thinking of getting a P3 to go with my P2. I am not bothered by 4K so the only other difference I am interested in is the difference between the 2mb and up to 10mb downlink. I won't be using goggles but a tablet with a screen size of about 9 inches. Is the 2mb much of a deal breaker? Also having not yet got a tablet but thinking of an Ipad is there any recommendations on a good one? I am in the UK.

cheers
I had a P2 vision plus V3. Bought a P3A just over a year ago and sold it after a couple of months after to fund a 250 racing quad and goggles ..... then spent the rest of the year wondering why I had a brain fart and sold the P3A. I bought another new P3A last week and it's soooo good to have it back.

You can't really ask (compare) is the P3 worth having .... I found they are miles apart. I've left my downlink settings stock and haven't thought to myself "something isn't right" ... in my eyes the feed is perfect. I've been out to 2 miles and return in a light headwind with 53% battery left and didn't suffer any dropped video or RC. The only reason I returned is I lost my nerve as I was out over the Irish sea off Southport. I use a Nexus 7 2nd gen and it's great. £99 from Argos or £79 from their refurb eBay site with 12 month warranty.

I bought mine for £600 brand new from great guy who is known around the forums for all the right reasons. Sell the P2 and get a 3A. The guy I bought from also buys 2nd hand gear and does trade ins

I'm interested in this as well. Currently have the P3A and considering a P3P cam not for the 4K, but for the downlink speed. I'm considering getting the HDMI out card for RC and FPV goggles so my family can watch flight along with me. I know P3A will "work" but like OP said it seems from reading other threads that it does make a big difference in resolution for viewing on screens etc...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well I use litchi most of the time for flying and the settings go up to 10mbps when I have my P3A connected.

I'm interested in this as well. Currently have the P3A and considering a P3P cam not for the 4K, but for the downlink speed. I'm considering getting the HDMI out card for RC and FPV goggles so my family can watch flight along with me. I know P3A will "work" but like OP said it seems from reading other threads that it does make a big difference in resolution for viewing on screens etc...
That's correct, even though you have the "option" in DJI Go to change the downlink bitrate from 2Mbps to 10Mbps for the P3A, the hardward is fixed at 2Mbps so you will notice no difference in video quality either at 2Mbps or 10Mbps. Only P3P have the hardware to go higher than 2Mbps. I find the 2Mbps is fine for viewing on my tablets when flying, but the higher downlink bitrate is definitely better if you are considering HDMI out to FPV goggle or to a big TV screen.

There is definitely better streaming quality with P3P compared to P3A and the price difference is not much. As you are looking for better quality of transmission, buy P3P, you will be happy. This will give you peace of mind that you got the right product.

Reactions: Reed L
Is it worth $200 more though? Amazon has the phantom 3 advance on lightning deal right now for $679 and the professional is $850

The video quality between the P3A and P3P are nothing to upgrade over (I think, based on cost over benefit). A simple test with two tablets already show that the downlink bitrate doesn't make a difference in this case. Further testing should be done to confirm but this is a good start.

In our test - The Tab S had the same image sharpness (in FPV) on both P3A and P3P. While the Tab Pro had the same grainy and fuzzy image on both the P3A and P3P. I encourage OTHERS to do tests with their tablets so we can further explore this..

1a3fe838-310e-44f5-a68d-11608c23866f_zpssjttbes7.jpg

In this photo - notice the roof line, the bark in the area between driveway/grass and the sharpness of the leaves in the palm trees.

Tablet%20table%20zoom_zpsegqpkquo.jpg

Reactions: Karanba
I sold my p3a to get a p3p and headplay. Headplay will be here Monday but I can see a difference in the live feed on my ipad air 2.

In our test - The Tab S had the same image sharpness (in FPV) on both P3A and P3P. While the Tab Pro had the same grainy and fuzzy image on both the P3A and P3P.

So you are saying that you tested the bitrate of both with the advanced set at the normal 2mbps and after setting the pro set at 10mbps, you saw no difference? Or are you talking strictly about video?

So you are saying that you tested the bitrate of both with the advanced set at the normal 2mbps and after setting the pro set at 10mbps, you saw no difference? Or are you talking strictly about video?

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask..?

I believe this is pre-set as a default (at least it was already 10mbps when we went into system menus with the new bird)

Regardless, paying $250 for the 10mbps over 2mbps alone is.. I don't think worth it. If you need the faster charger and 4k video.. then the value starts to creep up

BVC, can't thank you enough for the side by side comparison. I've been agonizing between the P3A and P3P and finally ordered an Advanced because I don't care about 4k - now it seems everything I read here is about the downlink differences. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the screen grabs - put me at ease that I can live with the Advanced! Maybe even some FPV.

Reactions: HWCM and BVC
The big difference is in FPV using goggles ... If you don't plan on doing that and don't want 4K go advanced.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm, I'm officially confused - thought BVC's comparison pics were FPV...
Yes that's correct. Those pics are screen capture from his tablet Galaxy Tab Pro, that's why we can see the fuzziness and pixellation well. The real quality of the video that is stored in the memory card should be a lot better than those pics shown.

OK - guys, many thanks for your patience. I promise I'm not trying to be stubborn, just want to fully understand *before* my Advanced ships in case I made the wrong call.

The more I've been reading, it seems like FPV goggles are about the most fun you can have with a P3. I'm hard pressed to find much difference at all in the above images BVC posted, but the consensus is it's pretty different through goggles. So I guess my question is - how much difference are we talking? Would I be disappointed in FPV goggles with the Advanced? I don't care about 4k video, and seems like quality is basically the same when using non-goggle FPV, but if the Pro makes a huge difference with goggles, maybe I should try and cancel my order and find a deal.....

Many thanks, guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic