How much intestinal fortitude do you have with waypoints?

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was just wondering if people trust the litchi waypoints system and the phantom?
I`ve used the litchi app and p3p coupple of times, sent it far away so I loose the signal but the awesome phantom is always finding it`s way back.

Do you trust your phantom and litchi app?
I don`t send it out because I find that awesome except it ism but I think the waypoints are really good.
You can do actions at each waypoints and focus on objects on the way+++
And it flies better than you!

And for the drone police, I don`t send it in the cicty or populated areas.

I want to buy the litchi app but I haven't found an answer to what happens if the craft looses GPS when out of controller range.

I love to work with offline waypoints as I have time to judge the ground elevation at each point. No doubt Litchi and P3P give full satisfaction. My most of the shootings are with Litchi.

There would be definitely other good apps but I picked up Litchi first so now staying with it and don't find any compelling reason to switch to another.

I want to buy the litchi app but I haven't found an answer to what happens if the craft looses GPS when out of controller range.
This is an flying machine and anything can go wrong any time. Why do you worry, be prepared to face it, handle it.

Obviously if there is no GPS, you should get it to ATTI mode and manually control it to get back to you else you have all chances of loosing it.

Reactions: Petros5678
This is an flying machine and anything can go wrong any time. Why do you worry, be prepared to face it, handle it.

Obviously if there is no GPS, you should get it to ATTI mode and manually control it to get back to you else you have all chances of loosing it.

yes, obviously. I suppose missions going out of range of the remote would be an exception.

Reactions: mikesmiley
My guess: I think it`s really difficult to switch from GPS to ATTI when you have lost the signal already, because you are too far away. So if it looses GPS signal when you`re out of range to the transmitter you`re holding in your hand you can`t know for sure that`s the problem because you will never find it again? Or?

My guess: I think it`s really difficult to switch from GPS to ATTI when you have lost the signal already, because you are too far away. So if it looses GPS signal when you`re out of range to the transmitter you`re holding in your hand you can`t know for sure that`s the problem because you will never find it again? Or?
It's rare to lose control signal and GPS both at the same time. If signals are lost, it will RTH, if GPS is lost switch to ATTI mode, if both are lost, enjoy seeing it flying on its own. Pray to Got to get you one signal back.

If signal is lost on waypoint function it will not RTH it will continue with the waypoints.
Litchi says they don`t know what it will do if it`s out of range and GPS is lost. They think it will land when the battery gets critical. Only DJI knows for sure the answer to this question.

You can go as far as you would liketo with litchi, but you have a problem if there is not enough battery for her to come home...

You can now also prepare waypoints on your comuter then save it and download it on your phone.
Check out this page, here you can see other people`s waypoints.
Click on discover on top of the page to the left.

Mission Hub - Litchi

You can go as far as you would liketo with litchi, but you have a problem if there is not enough battery for her to come home...

You can now also prepare waypoints on your comuter then save it and download it on your phone.
Check out this page, here you can see other people`s waypoints.
Click on discover on top of the page to the left.

Mission Hub - Litchi
yes, i already own Litchi. Thanks
However i know a few firmware versions back, DJI introduced a limit in the firmware that the way points had to be within 500m radius of the home point. Is that not true anymore?

AFAIK: in Litchi the 3D distance between consecutive waypoints (including between last WP and first WP) must be within 0.5m to 2000m.

Max distance and max altitude DJI GO app settings are respected.

If the AC loses RC connection it will continue the waypoints.

If the AC loses RC and GPS connection (depending on how many satellites left) it hovers and lands when the battery runs out.

Ditto. When flying drones the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Also one can't make out the fpv if the screen is shaking. "Like mine did the other day". :weary:
Failure begins in the mind.

Hello everyone

I was just wondering if people trust the litchi waypoints system and the phantom?
I`ve used the litchi app and p3p coupple of times, sent it far away so I loose the signal but the awesome phantom is always finding it`s way back.

Do you trust your phantom and litchi app?
I don`t send it out because I find that awesome except it ism but I think the waypoints are really good.
You can do actions at each waypoints and focus on objects on the way+++
And it flies better than you!

And for the drone police, I don`t send it in the cicty or populated areas.

This is why this forum rules! I did not know an app like that exists and love the concept.
:)

I love to work with offline waypoints as I have time to judge the ground elevation at each point. No doubt Litchi and P3P give full satisfaction. My most of the shootings are with Litchi.

There would be definitely other good apps but I picked up Litchi first so now staying with it and don't find any compelling reason to switch to another.
What would be the benefits of having litchi? Is it more stable? More options? I'm very interested in buying it myself. Is it a DJI program or 3rd party? I've seen some pics of it and read alot of people's comments on here about it but haven't pulled the trigger .

What would be the benefits of having litchi? Is it more stable? More options? I'm very interested in buying it myself. Is it a DJI program or 3rd party? I've seen some pics of it and read alot of people's comments on here about it but haven't pulled the trigger .

I am debating buying it myself. However to answer some questions:

It is third party.
It has more options (autonomous flight) and because of this is more "stable" aka it flys smoother than a human can in most regards.

Reactions: Peio64270
There is absolutely no need to buy a third party app, you can fly with DJI Go App but...but there are few pluses in every third party apps. I'm I te rested in video aerial photography and wanted to plan well in advance how and where my P3 should fly at what sped and how the camera should be angled. It's difficult to do with DJI Go app and not possible yet to plan it offline. One of the apps that helped me is Litchi. I'm enjoying it. I could have picked up another app to do the same task but somehow I started with Litchi and staying with it for the purpose.

Know your interest and requirement first and then decide what to do, what to buy if any, can you take the risks etc...,,,so many question marks.

I have flown missions where it loses signal on litchi. Yes if it loses GPS it would go into atti mode but the chance of it continually losing GPS for that amount of time is almost impossible. Should gps be restored I would assume it would either try to go to the next way point or when battery is running out smart RTH. In all the missions I have tried it has never lost GPS not with gonlass as well.

There is absolutely no need to buy a third party app, you can fly with DJI Go App but...but there are few pluses in every third party apps. I'm I te rested in video aerial photography and wanted to plan well in advance how and where my P3 should fly at what sped and how the camera should be angled. It's difficult to do with DJI Go app and not possible yet to plan it offline. One of the apps that helped me is Litchi. I'm enjoying it. I could have picked up another app to do the same task but somehow I started with Litchi and staying with it for the purpose.

Know your interest and requirement first and then decide what to do, what to buy if any, can you take the risks etc...,,,so many question marks.
I couldn't agree more. I'll stay in my safe zone for now until I really learn the ropes. It does like like an awesome app though from what I see. I do love the way point feature . I can't wait until the day I can plot out my way point and rotate my bird while heading on a set route with no worries meaning not having to control AC , just focus on the angles etc
.Thank you...

I'll just put in my two cents

If it loses GPS and RC, it is programmed to hover then land, but the problem is it's not going to hover in place. It's going to drift for sure. And that means it's likely going to hit something and go down. Yeah, GPS might come back, but there has to be a good reason you lost GPS in the first place (satellites are blocked) so I wouldn't count on it getting GPS back.

So in summary, I would want to fly waypoints with plenty of extra satellites and I wouldn't want to do anything risky (e.g. send the craft over and then down into a stadium as proposed in another thread).

Reactions: meissner58

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20