How much have you spent?

Reaction score
As my thread on distance nerves seems to have grown to 4 pages, here's another poser for you.
How much have some of you spent on trying to max out the P3S' range?
Now I realise some of you are doing it just for the joy of taking things apart and tinkering for the personal pleasure it brings. But some must have been chasing the dream of huge distances having initially balked at the price of the Advanced or Pro.

10 euros on hardware and lots of hours reading for software (downgrade to 1.5.7 and apply PapaTita's patch) to achieve my personal record of 2.450 meters on urban area.

My keyboard has no such key to relate the costs... (P3A), But it's been great fun and I've achieved so much more.

Spent about 20 cents US to print out a DIY Windsurfer. Not trying for huge distances. I don't ever plan to fly beyond VLOS. I just want max signal from RC to AC

Too much, after a DBS mod, three amps, power supply and of course custom cables to hook it all up. I'm afraid to add it all up. But your question was just pertaining to range. Not money spent on my case, GPS tracker, tablet, tablet holder, ND filters, VR goggles, prop balance, landing gear, sunshade and the prop guards + windsurfer that are no longer used. Like I said much $$$

Last edited:
Addictive little beggars aren't they? I haven't done any range mods but it's a yes to new phone holder, gimbal guards, gimbal lock, props, prop guards, backpack, lens hood, decals for drone and remote, leg extenders, petrol and of course a lot of hours.

29 euros on used Argteck mod on Ebay, that's it. If I will want something more I will sell my P3S and buy Mavick or P4 cos I know that modding is addictive and at the end of the day I'll spent more then on new drone with similar distance results in stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj