How much does it weigh

Reaction score
I have a couple of P1s. I know many want longer flight times from stock 2200 ma batteries as I do. A bare P1 with a good stock battery should get around 12 minutes. When I have my gopro white at 76 grams and the mount at 19 grams, I do see a shorter fligh with camera. Add 4 prop guards at about 19 grams each. That's like carrying a second gopro. I also have a Drone Mods gps tracker at about 59 grams. That totals 230 grams. Now my Fatshark 250 mw tx with the little camera comes in at 65 grams. Now if all is on the quad, we are at almost 300 grams of extra weight. For reference, a stock battery weighs 170 grams. Add 300 grams of extra weight to a Phantom 1....isn't that almost 25 % of the bare Phantom weight? Let's take it a step further. Some want to add more leds, head lights,
longer legs, gimbles, gimble protectors, add a bunch of decals or paint. Each addition seems small but they do add up. I like prop guards for the protection. My new Phantom I recently received doesn't have prop guards which I do have sitting in a box. I can't really say it flys so much better without them. Maybe it's my style of flying. For new pilots, there are great to avoid prop damage. Also the quad is easier to see orientation because I put extra red decals on front guards. I did this because we don't all have a scale to measure these small weights. I hope this helps someone. I am amazed these things fly as long as they do on batteries. Have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31