How much compass noise is normal?

Reaction score
There are some great long exposure shots on this site that I have not been able to replicate, I get too much left right rotation. I have already removed blade guards (that helped some), installed new blades, calibrated the IMU and compass. Here's a shot, 3 seconds, 100 iso
DJI_0123.JPG
The moon is not round, and the lights are horizontal lines (they are dots in 1/2 second exposure shots).

If that's the best the P3 can do that's fine, but I do wonder how others have done better.

So I took a look at the sensor readings while the P3 sat still on the kitchen table, here's a video of them
The x, y and z compass settings seems noisy oscillating in about a 15 something zone. Is this normal? What does your P3 do?

I do not believe the compass is that great on the p3 compared to my other phantoms to be honest. It shares the same compass safety feature as the inspire, but I don't believe the inspire will have the same compass issues as the p3 when flying close to metal, and by close I mean 10 to 15 Mtrs. I can not confirm this with any results as yet, but when a member of our club turns up with one I will be running some experiments for sure.

Solved. Chatted with DJI tech support and they said my compass noise is normal. Then I noticed their was an app update. Got the update, started things up and out of the blue I'm getting Gimbal Overload. Searched the forum, found the problem. I humbly admit, there is a piece of white packing foam on the back of the gimbal that I had not removed. Mine does not have the 'remove before flight' sticker, but still. All better now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj