How much better is Lightbridge?

You mostly notice it when slinging the camera around or when your subject has lots of trees & grass. The recorded video is fine &, even flying with goggles, it isn't as though a bit of pixelation hinders you from ably controlling the aircraft.

Hmmm this may explain why my fathers live view is not nearly as pixelated as mine.

Had I known this I would have paid a happy $250 for the faster charger/better live view. I don't care about the 4k camera at this point in time which is why I stayed away from the PRO between that and only seeing the $250 as an "expensive upgrade to a slightly faster charger". Bummer.

Oh well!

The question I have is, does the 2mbs give you better range than 10mbs? If it is only adjustable on the Pro, does 10mbs vs 2mbs shorten the FPV range of the craft at long ranges.

The question I have is, does the 2mbs give you better range than 10mbs? If it is only adjustable on the Pro, does 10mbs vs 2mbs shorten the FPV range of the craft at long ranges.

I see you're in elk grove. I'm in Rocklin.. not too far.

Glad to see there are other Phantom flyers out there!

I see you're in elk grove. I'm in Rocklin.. not too far.

Glad to see there are other Phantom flyers out there!
Yup! Just down the road from you. Happy flying!

Apparently not. The 10mbps that the pro gives you will give you a cleaner, sharper image on your fpv but it doesn't affect the fpv at range.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That has not been my experience. The last three quadcopters I ordered from DJI arrived within 6 business days of ordering.

Mike, where are you? I mean what state?

Many have posted and complained about delivery times from DJI across several boards. It took almost that amount of time for DJI to just ship mine. Then there was travel time of a week on a FedEx truck. That was my first hand experience.

Hmm, then your shipping time from Cali has to be about the same as mine to Wisconsin, if not longer and mine was on a FedEx truck for 6 days (1/13 to 1/19) before delivery. And thats pretty much the average for me (not DJI orders) from Cali. I just don't understand how you could possibly receive an order in 6 days or less if it takes that long just to truck it across the country to you.

then your shipping time from Cali has to be about the same as mine to Wisconsin
I'm talking about the shipping time from China. I've ordered two Inspires -- both were delivered 4 business days after I placed my order. When things come from CA, it always takes longer for some reason.

I just ordered a P34K from DJI yesterday. I'll have to see how long this one takes to arrive.

I'm talking about the shipping time from China. I've ordered two Inspires -- both were delivered 4 business days after I placed my order. When things come from CA, it always takes longer for some reason.

I just ordered a P34K from DJI yesterday. I'll have to see how long this one takes to arrive.

I ordered from the store. The first info I got was a tracking number sayin it was picked up in Cali.
3:59 pm Picked up CARSON, CA

Now whether it originated there or got there from China, I have no idea. All I know is I got a tracking email on 1/13 when I ordered it on 1/7. Whether it took that long on a boat from China or it took that long for a clerk in Cali to drop it in a box, I have no way of telling that either.

All I know for sure is I placed an order 1/7, it wasn't on my desk until 1/19. The one thing I am positive about is that it took 12 days. From somewhere to here ;)

I am sure there was a flood of P3A orders due to the sale, likely part of the issue. A simple feedback email about a delay is all I expect. The website said "2 days". I expect 2 days. Not 6. If its going to be 6, send me a freaking email telling me the shipment is delayed, then I know. Simple. Communicate to the customer and everyone wins.

"Picked up CARSON, CA" means it was shipped from CA.

I bought a P3S a couple of months ago now and the constant loss of video feed at anything over 200m or anywhere that's slightly populated is beginning to grate. I'm seriously considering selling it to make way for a P3A but before I spend my hard earned readies, has anyone here made the jump from S to A or P and is it worth the extra? What's bugging me really is that I don't live in a built up area, I'm in a rural location with lots of farmland etc and I still keep getting signal loss etc. So, is it worth it?

A friend has the P3S gets 1600 feet stock rc with perfect video - something wrong with your Phantom! - PS you are limited if your in the UK to 500m distance LOS !! and 400 feet high!!! - Its the law as well!

A friend has the P3S gets 1600 feet stock rc with perfect video - something wrong with your Phantom! - PS you are limited if your in the UK to 500m distance LOS !! and 400 feet high!!! - Its the law as well!

Is isn't a law, it's a rule. Though You'd be well advised not to ignore it, especially round here. I always fly safely anyway. Sorry, I disagree that there was something wrong with my P3S, as I did get up to 500 Mtrs on a couple of occasions. I just couldn't rely on the video feed.

I think you would disagree when you get a fine from the CAA ! - You should fully read the CAA requlations as if THEY think your in-breach they will .

I think you would disagree when you get a fine from the CAA ! - You should fully read the CAA requlations as if THEY think your in-breach they will .
As I said, I fly safely anyway and NEVER above 400ft. So I won't be breaking any RULES or regulations.

As I said, I fly safely anyway and NEVER above 400ft. So I won't be breaking any RULES or regulations.

:)

Bought the P3 Advanced, knowing that feature wise, pretty much the same except for the camera. DJI guy at CES told me they are basically the same camera with the Advanced version having 4K disabled. There's got to be a mod out there sometime in the future that will enable the 4K capabilities of the 2.7K camera. I work in film production and would want to have that option but I didn't have the $ for the Pro at the time. What do you guys think? Should I sell my 2 week old P3A and buy a Pro or wait and see if someone will have a software or mod for the camera?

From what I understand you can get a 4k camera module and upgrade the P3A to a P3P. However, i think it costs more than just buying the P3P outright. Suppose it depends on how bad you need 4k :)

Yeah that would be crazy to spend that just for the module when I basically have a Pro without the 4K -_-

Are you seriously kidding me? You bought a pro, advanced, and standard?

I'd say this decision depends on your computer & video equipment. Unless you have a relatively new computer with a fast processor, dedicated video card, & lots of memory, as well as a 4K-capable television or monitor, then save yourself $449 & get the Advanced. Range & aircraft performance are identical. This leaves you money for a couple extra batteries & a case.

As to 10 Mbps vs. 2 Mbps live feed, its not as though you need absolutely perfect video to fly FPV. Video recorded to the memory card will be fine & its not like a few artifacts in FPV goggles is going to hamper your ability to fly with precision.

If you have the necessary equipment to appreciate the 4K video, or just have money to burn, get the Pro. Or do what I did...get the Pro, Advanced, & a Standard just to cover all your bases! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl