How Many users are there in the UK

Peter from East Dorset. Torn between DJI Ultimate Flight and Litchi.

Trying to find out if Litchi returns to home on loss of signal or just hovers until battery reaches critical.

Urmston in Manchester.

Like to here from you on the results, although need to try this on DJI go app

Hi Brian, went out today and tried a couple of exercises.

DJI Ultimate Flight

First off I used a route that was basically three orbit viewpoints. Set the first waypoint then change to Orbit and configure the orbits. A connecting line or path is drawn between two of the shortest points from one orbit to the next. Set that off on it's mission and halfway round the first orbit it stopped and hovered. Apparently had jumped out of the programme. So I tried it again and the same thing happened. Not impressed.

Litchy

Same route although Waypoint and Orbit do not appear to be contiguous. In other words it's one or the other but you can't mix and match. So using waypoints I sent it off on it's mission and it performed as I expected although the camera didn't manage to face the point of interest every time. I then sent it off on the same mission, going round three objects and after the first object was orbited I turned the controller off. The drone continued on to the second and third objects and then returned home as requested. So, if signal is lost then all should be well although I don't condone programming routes that the take the drone out of sight.

I then Set the R/C to P mode and flew the drone about 150 feet away and turned off the R/C. It climbed to it's RTH height and landed not too far form where it took off from.

In conclusion, i have had DJI Ultimate Flight jump out of missions before, last week it was orbiting a light house when it jumped out of the mission into atti mode and took off towards the sea in a breeze. Brought it back manually but because of these experiences I will not be using DJI UF. Sorry Ken.

Litchy does what I want it to and the programme is written for Android as well as Apple IOS. DJI is not available on IOS at the time of writing. There are one or two features that are not available for the IOS but are fro Android. I suspect it will not be long before they become available.

So for me thumbs up for Litchy but down for DJI Ultimate Flight. I hope this summary helps.

Hi Brian, went out today and tried a couple of exercises.

DJI Ultimate Flight

First off I used a route that was basically three orbit viewpoints. Set the first waypoint then change to Orbit and configure the orbits. A connecting line or path is drawn between two of the shortest points from one orbit to the next. Set that off on it's mission and halfway round the first orbit it stopped and hovered. Apparently had jumped out of the programme. So I tried it again and the same thing happened. Not impressed.

Litchy

Same route although Waypoint and Orbit do not appear to be contiguous. In other words it's one or the other but you can't mix and match. So using waypoints I sent it off on it's mission and it performed as I expected although the camera didn't manage to face the point of interest every time. I then sent it off on the same mission, going round three objects and after the first object was orbited I turned the controller off. The drone continued on to the second and third objects and then returned home as requested. So, if signal is lost then all should be well although I don't condone programming routes that the take the drone out of sight.

I then Set the R/C to P mode and flew the drone about 150 feet away and turned off the R/C. It climbed to it's RTH height and landed not too far form where it took off from.

In conclusion, i have had DJI Ultimate Flight jump out of missions before, last week it was orbiting a light house when it jumped out of the mission into atti mode and took off towards the sea in a breeze. Brought it back manually but because of these experiences I will not be using DJI UF. Sorry Ken.

Litchy does what I want it to and the programme is written for Android as well as Apple IOS. DJI is not available on IOS at the time of writing. There are one or two features that are not available for the IOS but are fro Android. I suspect it will not be long before they become available.

So for me thumbs up for Litchy but down for DJI Ultimate Flight. I hope this summary helps.

Hi thanks for the update, can you tell me what you fly I have phantom 3 std. I use a Android phone / tablet so sounds like Litchi will be a good bet but will see what I can get from DJI go app. Is there any other costs with the Litchy app?

Thanks
Brian

Reactions: Wessex
Hi thanks for the update, can you tell me what you fly I have phantom 3 std. I use a Android phone / tablet so sounds like Litchi will be a good bet but will see what I can get from DJI go app. Is there any other costs with the Litchy app?

Thanks
Brian

Hi, I have similar setup as yourself. P3Standard and ASUS Android tablet. Bought a holder from Amazon which fits the phone holder bar and with a couple of wire ties its solid enough to HD the tablet in place.

Just a one off payment of £19.99 and you can download copies to phone & tablet at no extra cost.

Reactions: Brian Monsees
Hi folks, I live in Finchley (North London) and have only had my P4 for a few days. I have flown a bit on Hampstead Heath on my cycle home and intend to get out on the road up the A1 etc. towards Hertfordshire at first.

@buntonn - coincidentally just got my PolarPro filters today, but have now had to order a case too as the flimsy bags they come with give no indication of what's inside :) I went for the 3-filter sets via an Fulfilled-by-Amazon marketplace seller and it took a few days.

Not far from you. Also enjoy using the Heath to fly. Check out my video of some of the local parks and heath that I made.

Reactions: hotashes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik