How many "successful" flights have you had?

+1 what Hughie says, understanding HL (and using it to check your RTH point before heading away) is key to keeping a Phantom IMO
HL is such a god send! How many times have I used this function when my + has gone out of visual range, easy peasy, just put it into home lock, right stick down and wait to hear her flying overhead !

Not really a problem lol! More airspace for the rest of us.

BTW over 100 flights and never a crash or hard landing. I did have a tipover or two when I first got it. I spazzed the left stick and didn't take off fast enough. Another time I tipped over after CSCing after landing. Hadn't yet learned the left stick down method at that time. That was back in May of 2014.

I don't know how you guys do it. I've had 25 flights in the past year and two major crashes, plus a few minor ones. The first crash totaled the unit and the second took out the gimbal.

I am new to the phantom but not to flying, have had several helicopters. I had my phantom 2 vision + up for the first time yesterday. Four successful flights, all hand caught at the end of the flights no issues, read the manual several times before i even received my phantom... very nice to fly. first thing that i did when i got it out of the box was recalibrate everything, and switched it to naza-m mode like the idea of having the extra options.

I had 70 flights and 4 crashes with my FC40. I have 24 so far with my F550 Flamewheel, no crashes. But most of those were pretty short. Two full length flights, about 15 minutes each.

I crashed mine first day I got it, applied some heat to straight up a badly bended arm. Still very bended but hey, it flies like a charm. No issues with stability regardless the bended arm. I have been flying trouble less since July , absolutely no problems at all. Perfect machine.

Probably 30 or so, who's counting? I've had two crashes right after I first got it. Both of them I took off right next to my house and the steel roof is like a giant magnet I guess. On one RTH test it tried to land on the roof, slid off and broke a prop. The second time I hit a tree branch near the house as it wouldn't stop drifting and I was too stupid not to put it in ATTI mode and/or climb fast and it fell straight down which badly warped one arm so had to replace the case.

So both pilot error on my part. Many of the folks are blaming their problems on DJI when 90% of the cases are pilot error. The most common is not calibrating the compass after connecting it to the software, not flying for a while, or when flying from a different location. Some of the drifting yaw movements are caused by the controller needing advanced calibration while truly level (playing cards and a bubble level help do that). I believe there is a thread here on that.

Judging by how many charge/discharges my batteries have had, I have completed just over 400 successful flights. In that time I've busted a H3-2D gimbal, a H3-3D, several sets of props, a shell and 3 sets of landing gear. It has flown hundreds and hundreds of kms and has taken some amazing footage. I now have an Inspire as well but the old P2 is still my 'go to' drone for fun flying and getting long range stuff done.

Around 420 great flights (11 issues since Jan - 2013) Phantom 1 v1 and Phantom 2 Vision+ v2
(Motor failure, bearings failure, CF VRS fall, Battery fault, 6 RTH TX control lost)

73 flights for me, and all successful! No damage with only two crashes from about 2 feet altitude. I practice flying back from an unknown orientation often. I also practice returning home in ATTI using the Vision app radar function. If you understand how CL works and practice it with the Phantom in clearly visual range, it can also be used to return home. To help with this, I always orient my Phantom towards the East so it's easy to remember what to expect with different control actions.

Still a little nervous about letting my drone get too far away but working on conquering that fear! Plus, where I live there is water, water everywhere so it's hard to fly without crossing it....

I've only done two flights so far. The first one, crashed and burned. It wasn't pretty.
The second one? I don't know. I'll tell you tomorrow.

I have been flying for about five months. I have never had an issue I didn't cause. "Stupid tree"
I had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for the green home position to lock in. He said I didn't need to do that every time if I'm in the same area. He told me he wouldn't own this brand because of all the problems with it. The ones that know it all are the ones that have lots of problems. He said he had never seen anyone do a compas calibration. :eek: People like that are the problem

I've been flying since January--maybe 30 flights. All hand caught landings except for 2--no crashes or tip overs.

After reading a lot, before and after I started flying, I don't calibrate compass every flight as long as I'm within 20 miles of last calibration. A lot of guys agree with this philosophy.

Probably about 50 + flights now, with no crashes and just one tip over right at the very beginning, July 2014. I always hand catch, have done since day one. I flew my third waypoint session on Sunday, it being six waypoints with a total distance of 6000 ft. I'm planning to buy a second Phantom shortly, so getting braver by the day. ( I shouldn't have said that; when it comes to luck and success, these things have a habit of jumping up and biting you on the arse when you least expect it...

I've only done two flights so far. The first one, crashed and burned. It wasn't pretty.
The second one? I don't know. I'll tell you tomorrow.
.. but it's lookin' good so far!

I've been flying since January--maybe 30 flights. All hand caught landings except for 2--no crashes or tip overs.

After reading a lot, before and after I started flying, I don't calibrate compass every flight as long as I'm within 20 miles of last calibration. A lot of guys agree with this philosophy.
I don't do the compass every time ,this know it all guy was saying i didn't have to wait for the rapid green lights that mark the home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31