How many "successful" flights have you had?

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of posts about issues people are having, which does help everyone learn about what to look for. I don't see that many posts about all the successful flights people are having. So what are some of the numbers? How many successful flights have people had out there? (number of flights or number of months) I'm interested in the positive side of flying this amazing machine. Thanks.

All of them!
130-150 since May '14.

Reactions: Pmcdn
Phantom 2 Vision Plus with H33D mod.
over 150 successful flights - 11 months.
hand caught from day 1.
Only gripe is the DJI batteries only lasting average of 30 cycles.
2 flights led to early auto landing.

I have been flying for about five months. I have never had an issue I didn't cause. "Stupid tree"
I had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for the green home position to lock in. He said I didn't need to do that every time if I'm in the same area. He told me he wouldn't own this brand because of all the problems with it. The ones that know it all are the ones that have lots of problems. He said he had never seen anyone do a compas calibration. :eek: People like that are the problem

Reactions: Furia
41/41

I have been flying for about five months. I have never had an issue I didn't cause. "Stupid tree"
I had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for the green home position to lock in. He said I didn't need to do that every time if I'm in the same area. He told me he wouldn't own this brand because of all the problems with it. The ones that know it all are the ones that have lots of problems. He said he had never seen anyone do a compas calibration. :eek: People like that are the problem

Not really a problem lol! More airspace for the rest of us.

BTW over 100 flights and never a crash or hard landing. I did have a tipover or two when I first got it. I spazzed the left stick and didn't take off fast enough. Another time I tipped over after CSCing after landing. Hadn't yet learned the left stick down method at that time. That was back in May of 2014.

9 weeks and 63 good flights out of 64.

Been flying since mid-Dec. It crashed once and went back to China under warranty. It was gone about 6 weeks. So I've had it about 9 weeks out of 15.

Around 30 flights with fc40, 60+ with my pv2+ last year and 6 flights with my current pv2+ v3. All have been flawless. :)

90 flight with a total of 17 hours in the air since 12/25/14.

My grades on the Phantom 2 are as follows:

Quality of product: A+
Ease of use: A+
Durability: A+ (never even had as much as a hard landing though)
Fun Factor: A+

I will easily be over 100 flights after next week because I am taking it with me to Hawaii, and fully expect to burn 6 batteries a day while there. I keep a flight log of every flight with date, location, flight time, winds, satellites locked, battery % at start/stop, altitude and distance flown. I did the log mainly to track batteries and ensure they are cycled at 20 charge/discharges.

This is the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on, now searching for a location to fly my P2 in the birthday suit so I can die a complete man. ;)

Reactions: bbfpv
Welcome to the forum Marianatrain :)
Been flying a year and have had a few issue's but All of my flights have been a Positive experience ! Fly almost every day !!
The few issues I have had have just made me a better Pilot ;)

Phantom 2 Vision Plus with H33D mod.
over 150 successful flights - 11 months.
hand caught from day 1.
Only gripe is the DJI batteries only lasting average of 30 cycles.
2 flights led to early auto landing.

30 cycles? Anyone else having this problem? I read the DJI batteries for Phantom 2 are supposed to last 100 cycles! I just got mine and have 2 batteries. So far I have about 5 charges each! If they only last 30 cycles, then I hope we can find better batteries!

BTW 10-15 flights for me and just 1 tip over at take off.

30 cycles? Anyone else having this problem? I read the DJI batteries for Phantom 2 are supposed to last 100 cycles! I just got mine and have 2 batteries. So far I have about 5 charges each! If they only last 30 cycles, then I hope we can find better batteries!

Not all battery's have those issues !! There are many threads on that here .

Great to hear that people are having positive experiences with the Phantom! It always makes me nervous about flying when I hear all the issues some people are having. I'm at 10 flights with no problems. Still running in Phantom mode, not sure if I'll change to Naza-M.

Great to hear that people are having positive experiences with the Phantom! It always makes me nervous about flying when I hear all the issues some people are having. I'm at 10 flights with no problems. Still running in Phantom mode, not sure if I'll change to Naza-M.
It's all good :) And when ya do switch over to naza mode you'll wonder why ya didn't do it to start with !!! IMO ;)

Supposedly after 300 cycles it's time for new ones so it has been written. But take with a grain of salt.

You might just need Home Lock any day soon.

Heres a wee test that will add a bit to your skill set. Pretend homelock did not register and take the aircraft out several hundred m. Stop. Spin it around on its axis a good few times (no counting!). Now determine which way it is facing and bring it straight home. Answers on a postcard...

25 to 30 flights. They say,, "a successful flight is one where the passengers walk away, and a good flight is one where you can reuse the plane"
All my flights have been "good" based on that. Only faults have been my own doing, mostly involving trees. But none have ever brought the quad down, none have prevented it being reused. If there had been passengers they'd have survived, so that's both "successful" and "good"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31