How many satellites do I need?

Sorry for your trouble Matt, can u tell me how your doing your compass cal.
When I start calibration the front lights stay red and the back lights turn a solid yellow. Then when I tells me to point the nose of the bird down and spin 360° the back lights turn green. After the calibration is complete the back lights go back to flashing yellow.

I think u have some sort of prob there. Could there be any kind of metal around when calibrating

fist 360 cam points away, 2nd 360 cam points to ground w/ no metal around

Improper compass cal will make it fly erratic. usually it will say compass cal failed but not everytime

fist 360 cam points away, 2nd 360 cam points to ground w/ no metal around
Right that's what I've been doing. What colors should my lights be while calibrating and is there anyway to know if the calibration was done correctly?

yellow too green but yours ain't staying

U didn't tell me bout metal

No metal around at all. The lights go from solid yellow when facing forward to solid green when facing down. This is driving me nuts. I'm going to try a different location in the morning.

Sounds like your going at it correctly but might just be that 1 thing your missing. Hopefully its not the bird. Keep us posted

Will do. I sent an email over to DJI also but I'm not holding my breath on that. When I tried calling I think I would have gotten farther talking to the wall.

Just to make sure I'm doing it right can someone possibly post up the correct procedure that you use? Maybe I am missing something. Thanks again for your help everyone.

I wouldn't think so. I haven't heard of GPS dropout due to a failed compass calibration. I asked msinger to view this thread and offer his expertise, but he's a busy guy. It's got me stumped.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I really don't think it's a calibration issue. The calibration process seems to go through fine. It just never gives me a safe to fly GPS signal in the app. I have no idea what it could be. I had 10 satellites a few minutes ago when I tried and the lights just kept flashing yellow. The switch appears to be working also because if I move it to the middle position it tells me that it's in attitude mode and to switch to GPS to ensure a safe flight. In the top left corner where it tells you the mode it tells me it's in P-Atti mode while all this is going on.

It's been some time ago and don't remember all details but l cal. around unknown metal and it went bat crap crazy doing all kinds of weird stuff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik