How many plastic gimbal rubber damper should it have?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know the answer based on looking at pictures online. I just received my vision + and on first flight I noticed the gimbal has 2 plastic locks instead four. Is there somewhere in the manual or elsewhere where I could have looked this up? What is the logic of only two locks in opposite corners? --Thanks..

Steven

Re: How many plastic gimbal locks should it have?

It sounds like you are talking about the rubber damper retainers rather than gimbal locks. There should be two buffer retainers. You only got one gimbal lock (which comes off before you fly).

Re: How many plastic gimbal locks should it have?

The two clear plastic pieces are correct. Those prevent the gimbal and camera from falling off. If you put four on you'll get vibrations that are visible on camera.

Thanks for the replies guys. In the interest of helping the next person with this question I changed the subject of the thread.

They are called the "Anti-drop kit"

Having them there is to protect the rubber dampers from just falling through the holes. A must have!
The idea is to have enough to keep the camera on the craft, but not so much as to allow vibration to transfer from the craft to the camera.

I put small cable ties through the other two rubber dampers, as a fail-safe measure. They are are adjusted loose so the dampers can move freely.

Ponomike said:
I put small cable ties through the other two rubber dampers, as a fail-safe measure. They are are adjusted loose so the dampers can move freely.

I used to have the cable ties and Anti drops. The anti drop kit and cable ties prevents the gimbal and camera from dropping from the sky.

However, it has adverse affects.
I believe this is the reason that the camera falls off the X-axis roll motor and then ultimately leads to the tearing of the black ribbon cable. If the phantom has a slight crash or hard landing, it will cause whiplash and the camera will come loose or even break off the motor axis. The camera dances because it cannot recalibrate itself to the horizon.

I prefer that my entire gimbal+camera pops out as an entire unit just simply from dislodging from the 4 vibration dampeners and 3 grey cables. To prevent the camera and gimbal from dropping from the sky, I had added a rubber band drop kit. The rubber band acts like a shock absorber to slow down the whiplash and it prevent the gimbal and camera from rolling away too far from crash site.

Knock on would that it will never crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers