How many Phanton 2's have been sold

Reaction score
Does anyone have an estimate of how many Phantom 2's have been sold in the various configurations.

If anyone is interested, and after we get a few contributors, Please comment with a " Mine is lower or Mine is higher " if your serial number is lower or higher than the range listed. I will try to keep up for a few days or with editing the highest and lowest into the original post. #1 and maybe it can be insightful.

Lowest Ser. # and highest Ser. # list below.

Mine is: Sept/9/2014...645277957 V2.0

I have one. ;)

Hey, it's a start! :lol:

N017RW said:
I have one. ;)

Hey, it's a start! :lol:

Maybe we should post purchase dates and ser. #'s

Mine came in yesterday,
Sept/9/2014... 645277957 V2.0

If anyone is interested, and after we get a few contributors, Please comment with a " Mine is lower or Mine is higher " if your serial number is lower or higher than the range listed. I will try to keep up for a few days or with editing the highest and lowest into the original post. #1 and maybe it can be insightful.

Unfortunately you will never find out that way. Think of all the owners that don't use this forum. It would even be a wild guess to say that this forum might only represent 5% of overall owners, who knows?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Unfortunately you will never find out that way. Think of all the owners that don't use this forum. It would even be a wild guess to say that this forum might only represent 5% of overall owners, who knows?

I realize and that is why I added purchase date. Early models were April ish. if we can hit on an early purchased unit and I just got mine so that might !! give an indication. There is a ton of ways for this to be inaccurate but it is a start. I just hope they have not skipped blocks of serial #'s to hide volume or to designate rev. changes.

RIDETOEAT said:
I just hope they have not skipped blocks of serial #'s to hide volume or to designate rev. changes.
I think they did, Mine shipped on 8/18 from Amazon. SN PH 645275490, Mine is an 8 digit SN and yours is 10. That's a lot for 3 weeks.
I have a Vision plus if that matters.

planedr said:
RIDETOEAT said:
I just hope they have not skipped blocks of serial #'s to hide volume or to designate rev. changes.
I think they did, Mine shipped on 8/18 from Amazon. SN PH 645275490, Mine is an 8 digit SN and yours is 10. That's a lot for 3 weeks.
I have a Vision plus if that matters.

I screwed up my # it is corrected here......... 645277957............Makes mine 2500 after yours if it ends up meaning anything. Mine is a v+ also from Amazon but the seller is a sponsor here.

KwadKopter said:
I found this on the Interwebs, so it must be true:

"DJI, a Chinese-based maker of quadcopters that are especially popular for use in aerial photography and videography, is reportedly shipping close to 12,000 Phantom 2 UAVs a month."

http://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/2014/0 ... -drones/2/

That would align with the 140,000 ish units I read on here a few days ago. I forget the date range but believe it was from the first V+ to mid August.

There is an interview out there with the DJI founder.

He says they expect to do 500,000,000 in revenue in 2014.

Obviously DJI makes a lot more than Phantoms, but Phantoms is probably their bread and butter. It's the biggest market, most consumer friendly product in their lineup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers