How many people went straight to DJI instead of smaller drones first?

Tommy- the Blade 180 QX HD is a fun, yet strong and sturdy drone to fly! As I mentioned before, I bought one after enjoying it's little brother- the Nano QX... My only complaint on the 180 QX HD is the landing skids. The leg snaps very easily on anything harder than a soft landing! I've just resorted to removing them and rigging the eFlite camera on without the landing gear...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are spot on about the landing gear. I broke my original gear off in the early stages of learning to fly. Went back to hobby shop and bought two more sets - ha. Then I repaired the broken set with Crazy Glue and re-attached. Works great. My only real complaint is all the noise that is recorded when taking video. You actually have to FLY this quad!

Mjx 600 got up in the clouds with no wind that I thought,1.5 miles later,me searching I get a phone call your drone was found in the middle of the road,they saw my # and reward picked it up .Bought a standard soon afterwards.Love that RTH!!!

I too used to fly the round d roundys in the 50's. Last year got. Syma 5, then a Syma 8 I lost in a tree somewhere and decided to get the best I could afford. Phantom Advanced

I have a blade nano qx quad
.. should I buy something bigger before I buy a p3a dji or go right to it?

I took flying lessons after leaving the military in the early 80's. Then got into RC helicopters in the early 90's. Got into quad copters about 5 years ago. Got the P3P in January of this year.

As with anything experience will come in handy if needed.

Went from all fixed wing to DJI P3P, never looked back.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine was a CX-10W, loved it ,did great flips, and the lights, real cool looking! Then I went to a phantom 4 !

Syma x8w then P3s then P3a!! Still have my Syma as a RC toy and it's great fun

I ordered a small one to practice on but the Phantom Advance arrived first. But I had watched so many tube videos I felt OK to go right to the Phantom. I have a park a 1/2 block away with a big fenced in field. I had three battery's so to do the break-in right, first 10 flights (each battery) were 45% batt. usage to do a slow break-in. Just take it slow and watch a lot of the set-up video's and Remember it's not a toy.

I flew R/C planes and helicopters for years. I went straight to the p3p, no regrets.

I had many other drones before I bought DJI make. My first drone was from Parrot.

Started with a bunch of manually controlled drones, no alt hold, auto return or any similar feature, crashed some but learned the basics. Then an AR 2.0, in hindsight I should have went with the Phantom FC40 instead, and I did after several months. Lost the FC40 and replaced it with another, then the P3P.

I had 2 different "toy" quads first. Neither had any auto positioning abilities meaning they were always in complete manual mode and being much smaller than a Phantom they were very unstable and difficult to fly outdoors if there was any light breeze at all. I had never even heard of DJI when my brother in law pulled out his P3P and flew it for me. I was sooo impressed I immediately bought a P3P for myself and still fly it regularly:)

Started with an older/cheaper drone. It did have GPS and could record video, but could turn off the GPS to practice flying manually. Only two crashes; however, it didn't survive the second time. Thus, enter the P3P.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj