How many people have never had a crash?

Only had my P3P for a month and flown only 12miles total, Scottish weather doesn't help. Had no problems so far brilliant machine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good for you. I was thinking about letting my 7 year old granddaughter fly mine. Where you nerves at all? I know the kids today get used to the new stuff we never had when we were young. We made our own toys out of scrap wood from my dads shop. Oh those were the days.

Couple of dozen flights with no crashes or tip overs. On my third flight I almost crashed into a tree because the drone was flying towards me and I tried to steer the drone left but it went right because the stick orientation is reversed when the drone is flying towards you instead of away. After that I installed prop guards until I could figure out what the heck was going on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good for you. I was thinking about letting my 7 year old granddaughter fly mine. Where you nerves at all? I know the kids today get used to the new stuff we never had when we were young. We made our own toys out of scrap wood from my dads shop. Oh those were the days.

Nervous as hell. But I had my game face on. Never show weakness. Just makes them nervous.

Honestly, I didn't have too much problem with it. She has the focus and patience to take a .17hmr rifle out to 300yds with a basic scope and hit black 7 and 8 rings all day long. In case you don't know abut the 17, its practical limit is around 250 to 275yds. And she was 25 to 50yd beyond that and still hitting black. She plays on a basketball team (they just took 1st place in their division). She also plays a lot on the xbox. From all that I know her hand-eye coordination is up to snuff. And I have the sticks set up to they match the typical layout of FP shooters on the xbox so the sticks immediately made sense to her.

Reactions: rene van der meer
With the Phantom 1, yes; With the Phantom 2 , yes: With the Phantom 3 Pro, not yet. Haha! After learning that crashes are part of the R/C life, flying slope and thermal gliders, I reckon it will eventually happen with my beloved P3P. Just 60 flights on the P3P...

Nothing like a crash that wrecks your craft to make you pay attention to details before, during and after flights ...

Reactions: rene van der meer
My first P3A "crashed" after hitting some small branches when I practiced with prop protectors. It was at 2m/6ft no real damages.
My dog tried to grab my current P3A when it took off. It flipped, but nothing happened. Since then no dogs allowed!

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
Ground looped a Cessna 172 landing in high winds once... (300+ logged hours)
DJI P3P is a great bird! No crashes, No Problems (always pre-flight, practice and know your limitations...lol ..(92 flights)

I've got two the standard and advance am still new to all this but had a few flights on both and no crashes, I would hope being careful and do your checks then it should fingers crossed not happen ( hope )

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I always crash. I've crashed every remote control vehicle I've ever owned. I crashed a remote control helicopter into my own face. As I said, I always crash. Not done any real damage yet apart from a few broken props.. I've been told I'm 'action packed' :D

Reactions: Grae
I had a crash on flight 144, darn bird attacked me, we both lost. Feathers everywhere. I thought my P3P was a total loss, it looked really bad. I had to replace 4 motors, body shell, 4 props, both landing gear, battery tray and the gimbal mount bracket + $90 labor. $306 total, including shipping to repair my baby. I was surprised it didn't cost more. She flies and looks like new. I've pimped her up recently with a US flag body wrap. You'd never know she took a 40' fall onto blacktop.

Do faulty birds count? If so then yeah I've crashed.

Clipped a low hanging tree branch whilst trying to catch some fast paced low altitude footage.

I came from some toy quads and all I did was crash them. Lol

I am up to about 100hrs on drones, 250 hrs 1;1 aircraft. I have scraped a couple of propellor tips on concrete early on, landing in high winds, but since then, I always catch. Dumped the p2v+ into long grass one day when it suddenly went to ATTI & stayed there. No damage . I have a p2v converted to a fishing drone & 2 x p3a.

Any tips on catching? I walked close to attempt but immediately backed off in fear of losing my hand!

UK

I've caught my Phantom a couple of times, just go for the landing gear.

Right hand to catch and left hand thumb on the throttle ready to stop the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31