How many people have had their P2V flying incident free ? ?

Reaction score
As a new P2v owner it's a little bit depressing to see all these posts about , flyaways, motor failures, unexplained crashes , etc,etc.
But I suppose it's inevitable that owners that have some sort of nasty incident will post here for advise. I would like to think that if I'm careful and follow all the correct procedures, I can look forward to at least a few months of enjoyment.

But I wonder how many owners have had months of flying incident free ? I hope there will be many !

Re: How many people have had their P2V flying incident free

Mossie said:
But I wonder how many owners have had months of flying incident free ? I hope there will be many !

Not I unfortunately, although I didn't break anything too bad (couple of smashed props). I had a weird one where I put it into Failsafe mode when it was fairly low to the ground and windy and instead of rising 60 feet in the air it went off sideways like a scalded cat and fortunately crashed into a tree. Now it is *just* possible that I had waited for the 6+ satellite lock (slow flashing green) and hadn't waited for the home lock (20 fast flashes green), but in my limited experience you normally get a lock before you get 6+ satellites and then another lock very swiftly afterwards and on this occasion I was filming and waiting for some people to get out of the way so I didn't take off for several minutes after the satellite lock. But I can't be sure.

It has made me very nervous about flying it in gusty conditions, which is perhaps not a bad thing.

(I had done the compass calibration, no power cables close, didn't have my phone with me, in a nice big park so no wifi close)

Incident free here with Phantom 1 and 2 Vision. Few minor crashes (my fault) but nothing big. Follow directions with compass and wait for gps green flashes snd should be just fine.

I have had my P2V for about 1 month now...
I have roughly 30 flights with it........ "knock on wood" I have had zero incidents...

I think alot of the issues were before the most recent firmware & camera firmware updates.
With every flight I get more confident in the abilities of the UAV, and continue to push it's limits.

Without a doubt the coolest toy I have ever owned.....

Jeremyconk said:
I have had my P2V for about 1 month now...
I have roughly 30 flights with it........ "knock on wood" I have had zero incidents...

I think alot of the issues were before the most recent firmware & camera firmware updates.
With every flight I get more confident in the abilities of the UAV, and continue to push it's limits.

Without a doubt the coolest toy I have ever owned.....

+1 :D

2 broken props, both due to pilot error. One night spent 40ft up a tree (first flight, inertia's a b!tch if you're moving from a micro) before being blown down in the morning - no damage. One loss of control due to calibrating compass in a stupid place, but managed to bring it down OK. That was all in the first month (November). Lessons learnt, no issues since then apart from a nice gentle plummet from 4ft in the air into a soggy field a few weeks ago when I had a completely bizarre moment of madness where I flipped out of atti down to manual instead of up to GPS. Brain fade.

I do regular preventative maintenance and checks to hopefully pick up issues before they bite, nothing untoward so far and the machine's been awesome. :)

I take a military type approach at flying my Phantom.
I check everything prior to take off. Pull_Ups checkist helps me https://phantompilots.com/threads/preventative-maintenance-checklist-ideas.5148/

I think of it like a real aircraft, if you crash one of those it will probably be your last crash!

So far I've not had an incident that caused damage.
I did have a bad takeoff on my second flight where the Phantom fell to one side roto-tillering up the lawn.
That was user error for not being assertive enough on takeoff. I learned to hold in full ASCEND until I'm at a safe flight level.

No problems to report. No crashes. I am wondering about replacing the internal power plug (Part 6), because I got my Phantom in November. I presume this part has the improved, longer & stronger data pins, but can anybody confirm? Has anybody replaced theirs?

I haven't because I haven't had any particular issues with my mark 1 pins. If I do then I'll swap out, until then it's all fine. As the firmware now allows the aircraft to stay airborne and brought back home if there's an invalid battery error I don't feel the need to use the new pins "just in case".

I to want to get a P2V and have spent the last 2 months researching the P2V. The more I found all one hears about are the problems, so are these the youtube and forum posting(problems). Don't have extra cash to waste. If you know first hand good or bad please post to help.

I have had it since late November and I have been flying a ton (both of my batteries show over 60 recharges each) without a single incident (that is the Phantom's fault). I have done some dumb stuff myself - like trying a barrel roll wayyyyy too low - which caused a 'fun' bounce, but no damage. For that matter, i have yet to have to repair a single part on it. I am running the latest firmware in both the transmitter and the Phantom.

Also, i have been flying it in snow, rain, fog, pushing the limits on distance and fly it out of range of the FPV on nearly every single flight. Nearly every time, i simply turn off the controller and wait patiently for the little guy to come back home. (knock on wood) it has every time without fail. One time took longer than i expected and my heart was racing a bit, but i didn't realize how long it would take to come back from over 4,000 feet away.

I have no regrets whatsoever.

With the first Phantom one incident third flight (flyaway) changed career from quad to submarine unrecoverable. A replacement sent by amazon free of charge.
Second phantom 10 flights no incidents. smooth flights so far

No problems. 10 flights up to 325 ft, so far.

Had mine for two months. No P2V caused incidents yet. I just knicked a tree at 45 feet and wrapped a prop. The P2V fell 45 feet and the camera went flying off. Broke one prop, but put the camera back on and everything worked fine. (tough little quad). I have flown out to about 1200 feet ad 400 foot elevation with stock equipment, (waiting on antennas for wifi mod).

donniew said:

+1 on that thread.

Personally, I've only been able to go out flying 3 times since purchase (bad weather), but each time I went through 3 full batteries. Many, many take offs and landings. No crashes, no fly-aways. Admittedly, I never let it get too high or too far away from me, but I'm 100% satisfied with my PV2. The only thing that's happened is that two of my landings have been not so spectacular - the quad bounced then tipped over. The vortex/backwash monster struck again. No harm, no foul.

I love my PV2. Even the camera :)

Like others here, I scoured these forums reading all the negative postings - but I decided to buy anyway. The reason for my decision is because one time I read that for every "unhappy" customer that vents a formal complaint, there are generally hundreds (if not thousands) of satisfied customers that say nothing - they just continue to enjoy their purchase.

The internet has made vocalizing complaints - no matter how small or imagined - too easy to submit. (Quite frankly, even before I purchased - I realized that a large number of the complaints I was reading here could easily have been quelled if the customer had just RTFM :))

That's why I'm glad that threads like this one exist.

Go for it. You'll be glad you did :)

About 30 flights so far with no problems. One flight had a slight drift to left when I did not calibrate compass for new location. Landed and calibrated compass and it corrected problem. Great fun to fly and camera is plenty good for home use.

Two minor incidents, no damage with maybe 15 flights, including this AM up to 400 feet. I'm trying to get my video on my iPad not sure how to do it but fun to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj