How many of you are using the DJI 16GB sdcard for 4k?????

Reaction score
I just got my P4 today and also received my 64GB sandisk extreme (4k blessed) yesterday...

I had a gut instinct that the DJI supplied Panasonic 16GB card may not be able to handle 4k and might why so many folks are getting poor video performance capturing 4k out of the box, only to complain in this and other forums.

It appears to me that the DJI card is not worthy of 4k throughput whether it be video or 4k resolution pics, plain and simple... Also have to keep in mind that 'sustained throughput' is where it counts, not burst transfer specs.

Panasonic16GB_Dji.jpg
Sandisk64GB_Extreme.jpg

Last edited:
Can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to show us with your screenshots?

UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) is a new standard specified by the SD Association to meet 4K video needs. It guarantees a minimum constant write speed of 30 MB/s (240 Mbps)..

So this is well higher than the required amount for 4 K, so you please explain what your trying to show.

Reactions: isopro
I think he is saying P4 as a bitrate of 60MB/s and the card can only let 41-52MB/s write speed, so it is not suitable for 4k recording. :)
edit: the specs say 60 Mb/s witch is 7.5 MB/s, that is quite a lot of compression, but should not be any issue with the card...

Reactions: zacksomeone
Can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to show us with your screenshots?
I didnt get a very good cut-n-paste but the top screen scrape is the DJI supplied panasonic 16GB sdcard, stamped class 10, U3..NOT Even close.
The second scrape is from my sandisk 64GB extreme, stamped class 10, U1 which completely smokes the panasonic by 25 to 30% across the board.
There is no way the supplied dji card can handle 4k with real performance numbers like I have tested.
If DJI wanted to supply a viable 4k card, panasonic ripped them off bigtime as their 'stamped' specs are totally bogus.

the top screen scrape is the DJI supplied panasonic 16GB sdcard
That's what I'm not understanding. Is your top scrape telling us the supplied card can write at an average of 41 MB/s?

U betcha....
The Phantom can only write at a max of 7.5 MB/s. How would having a card that has a write speed of 41+ MB/s be beneficial for shooting 4K video with the Phantom?

The Phantom can only write at a max of 7.5 MB/s. How would having a card that has a write speed of 41+ MB/s be beneficial for shooting 4K video with the Phantom?
I sure hope not, wouldnt even get 720p to the card if thats the case.

Let's keep in mind there are MB = Megabytes and Mb = Megabits. There's 8 Megabits in 1 Megabyte.

Your SD card ratings will more than likely be measured in Megabits.
negative, capital letter = megaBYTE, The program writes a temp 1GB file to the sdcard and deletes it after the test

Could this be why I was having rendering issues while trying to export a 4K clip? Gahhhh I just wanna record, edit, and post with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31