How many have had absolutely no problems

phantomguy said:
Zero problems on my P2V and zero on it's replacement, the P2V+. Then again, I tend to fly on well charged batteries, always make sure I have at least 7 satellites locked in minimum, make certain my home point is set/and I have only green lights before lifting off, fly closeby for the first 60 seconds or so to make sure all my controls are working properly, calibrate anytime Im flying from a new location and I fly in non-rainy conditions while not sitting inside my car when controlling.

Good tips!

No problems through about 10 flights with the PV2 and now PV2+ except now with 1.0.40 sometimes freezing in FPV but its not that bad. Hoping for a fix soon. Just switched to NAZA mode but I haven't flown yet with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just got my plus today, bit too breezy for flying but had a quick 5 min flight and even though the aircraft was battling all the place against the breeze i couldnt believe the rock steady footage when I ran it !!

Really looks quite impressive !!! :shock:

No problems with my P2V or this so far, only the crappy 1.0.39 app which has been sorted now.

Phantom Vision

Only few times flown.

1) Defective camera (mist in the right side of photo/video)
2) One of the motors is "growl" (only few times flown)
3) Range extender defect (didn`t conect with new camera(replacement))

tommorrow I will ship second time back my aircraft!
Very dissapointed!!! :evil:

I've been flying phantom 1 just over a year now. No issues except for all the mods. Fatshark FPV not to big a deal... but never did get OSD working. Kept smoking the unit. Things have changed a lot since then.

Got my V+ yesterday... sitting in the mancave... only issue so far... is i couldn't help playing with the new type of battery... and accidently started it up the bird with the camera shipping stuff still connected.... probably best to read the manual first :)

I was surprised to see all the changes in just one year. Looking forward to the upgrade to vision. I don't plan on adding may options to this version. Although the Flytrex/Dashware thing does look way cool!

Over 100 flights with no crashes or issues whatsoever P2NV.
Havent upgraded firmware yet though! ;)

Only problems been the weather... The plus has been
A plus for me

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Day two and bad weather, checked out camera, WiFi, all good so far. Looking for places to practice flying and there are a few vacant lots but most are fenced and posted.
B :D

Fun story and I enjoyed your video. I am not into rap (wrong generation), but it seems you're having fun.

I don't have my Phantom yet, but painful as it is, I can wait another few weeks. It's good to hear from folks that are not having issues.

Cheers.....

Just received mine less than a week ago.....have had 7 successful flights. (Does not include training flights) Two of which I lost signal and the return to home feature worked perfectly landing the Phantom within 2 feet of the original take off. Luckily I have 13 locked on sats, at 300 feet and 700 feet out it returned with no problem. I have to say I was sweating bullets. During the testing period I had tested the the lost signal in the manual by turning off the radio and allowing the system to land the phantom. Every Time the system worked......I was confident it would return as long as the GPS remained locked in.

I have 10 active WIFI in my area, I attribute the lost of range to my own WIFI. I manage over 200 websites, I have a dual band N router with high gain boost. Looking into a more powerful WiFi system, more for reliability and range.

(I have extensive RC experience, I raced as a factory driver for Team Losi when I lived in California. Both completely different animals but at least the fundamentals of RC and the flying orientation that can confuse most)

Other than that I have no issues, other than some of the videos are corrupted, I attribute that to the SD cards. Being in the Consumer electronics industry it is a known fact that SD cards no matter what class or speed they dont like/work well in certain applications as others may. If you buy a SD card make sure you test it......many are fakes and are only 2 GB when you bought a 16, 32 or 64GB. Thee phantom will only accept up to 32GB cards.

Happy and feel it will be a great addition to my Graphics and Marketing business.

steele9999 said:
I always find on forums that most report all incident they have with a new product. Can we get an idea of how many people have had 100% success.

Suppose I start a thread title "Flew my Phantom today, no issue" with the content "just wanted to let everyone know I flew my phantom for 30 minutes today and didn't ran into issue. Thought you should know.

And suppose people start doing that? :)

My Vision 2+ has operated perfectly so far. About 20 flights. No problems.

D_Tshudy said:
The weather has prevented me from flying it very much but so far so good. Really cool toy.

TOY ???? :shock:

pyrophantom said:
D_Tshudy said:
The weather has prevented me from flying it very much but so far so good. Really cool toy.

TOY ???? :shock:

When I tell people it cost $1300 they freak. They have never had such an expensive "toy". When I show them what it does they go, I wish I could afford that. Reality of the hobby though, $1300 is the cheap side of this hobby. At our r/c field there are people with $3-5000 "toys" .

Didjelirium said:
Haha ! Great minds...

I was just thinking about starting such a topic because this is just waaaaaay too alarming that only troubles are talked about on forums, and not much of nice experience reports.

Bless and happy flying !

Didjelirium

Didjelirium: you can add "writer" to the description of what you do for a living. Very entertaining post. Are you from the US in the South ("karma, y'all")? Thanks for telling a positive story and sharing the details of your noobness. I've only managed 2 flights because of work and monsoons here in Virginia. Likewise, no issues and stars in my eyes about what I want to do with it next.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik