How many flying guidelines can be broken in one video...?

"Until today, I'd never been attacked with such appalling accuracy."

I've spent 2 days researching a witty retaliatory reply, I've asked three fellow'd friends with phd's and my smart asse brother, they all say the reply was too outstanding and to resort to some sort of abuse (it's the standard recourse on the net and can be used to good affect) but even that will fall short so. I will keep it and make it my own as I've done with Kirk's blank stare.

Honestly there is no come back better than that, I'm still smiling.
:)

Better late than a whatever

Reactions: terrylowe
My God, he flew over a pedestrian EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE!! Auuuugh!
What the frack? Where in this video do you see any "the sky is falling" risk that worries you so much?
I wonder how many bugs were injured or killed while making this video.
I am guilty of this quite often...

Thanks SteveMann.
FY,I my location is Kissimmee, Fl (ISM).
I just don't understand why I have to notify ATC just because I want to fly for fun in my yard with no intention of getting above tree top level.
I don't recall general aircraft normally flying below tree tops.
IMO, those airline pilots claiming to see a UAV and having to avoid one, are liars.
I believe they are now using this as an excuse to cover up their mistakes.

I wonder how many bugs were injured or killed while making this video.
I am guilty of this quite often...

Had to clean mine the other day after filming must have flown through a swarm there was bug crap all over it.

Last edited:
Thanks SteveMann.
FY,I my location is Kissimmee, Fl (ISM).
I just don't understand why I have to notify ATC just because I want to fly for fun in my yard with no intention of getting above tree top level.
I don't recall general aircraft normally flying below tree tops.
IMO, those airline pilots claiming to see a UAV and having to avoid one, are liars.
I believe they are now using this as an excuse to cover up their mistakes.
I am just telling you what the letter of the law says. Personally I would go one or two ways. One - annoy the hell out of ATC and call them every few hours to advise them of my next flight. Two - Ignore the letter of the law since the likelihood of even being noticed is somewhere between zero and a little less zero.

What mistakes could the airline pilots be covering? No, they are as paranoid as most of the public due to their total lack of any knowledge about personal drones notwithstanding that there is absolutely no evidence to support their fear. So when a balloon or bird or even a drone flashes past them at 150 MPH, they are going to report a drone. (UFO's are so 1960).

The fact is that the number of verified drone sightings by professional air crews is remarkably small.

Last edited:
I posted my latest video on Reddit /r/multicopter and everyone freaks out because i flew over people. First, if I wanted someone's opinion I would ask for it. Second, I work for the city so have permission. People love to berate others so much.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What if it's followed by a good review, I'm a bit scared to give my opinion now but it is on the net and that's sort of a giveaway :)

I loved it and it looked like everyone survived the horrendous experience. It also looked a well thought out video, well done.

"People love to berate others so much", people are just scared for themselves, it's ok.

I posted my latest video on Reddit /r/multicopter and everyone freaks out because i flew over people. First, if I wanted someone's opinion I would ask for it. Second, I work for the city so have permission. People love to berate others so much.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL] This poor misguided city worker comes here complaining about others opinion about his Newport Beach video which had nothing whatsoever to do with this discussion.

Haters gonna hate! They hate us because they ****! :)

One question. Did your video have anything to do with the OP's post? NO! It was a post asking how many CAA rules were broken during that flight in the UK and not whether you permission to fly over the pier or the people on it.

Did i say i disagree with you? Nope! I was just making light of the situation... while throwing out a quote from The Interview. But that is a fancy signature line i just noticed you got with the grams and all listed out, so much respect to you sir. :)

Hummmmm...........where should that wonderful line be drawn between air/earth, politics/art, hobbyist/professional, to be/not to be?

Well, abiding by the laws of physics...for each action there should be an equal and opposite reaction. The reaction I felt after watching this video was "amazing, what a great job, wow, beautiful scenery, I want to see more".

On the other hand, if CNN news showed a clip that a plane had crashed because someone was using there UAV to spy on their next door neighbor, then I guess I could see adding some fuel to your Witch burning stake. Unfortunately, only the history books will be able to tell the tale of "wrong/right" for future FAA cases.

It's all relative...if a meteor happens to hit that town tomorrow this might be the only visual aerial record left of its existence, then this clip would be viewed as a masterpiece! My advise is to enjoy life for the good things it has to offer, don't waste your time dwelling on the negative "aka- being a done downer". If it bothers you that much that you had to count the violations, you really need to re-evaluate what you what to do with your life........I guess I might have to re-evaluate mine too since I took the time to comment. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31