How many flights without a flyaway thread

When I used the word frisson it was just a polite way of saying I'm always cr@pping myself when I fly over water! Not exactly what I'd call enjoyable as I'm not an adrenalin junkie. :) I don't have anything in the way of flotation on the aircraft, and probably wouldn't put anything on as I don't overfly the wet stuff that often. I don't live near the coast, which might change my opinion as the over-water opportunities are always there - so I don't want/need to invest in a pontoon and/or recovery system. It would be very good to have a look at your final setup when you've finalised it, though.

El Rey said:
... and going to the foam & rubber store to look for something I can turn into a professional-looking pontoons - to avoid condemning the P2V to a watery grave if disaster strikes.

I also live on a lake and have hovered near, but not over, the water once. If you manage to construct something that works and doesn't drastically alter the flight characteristics, do post a picture and some information on your pontoons. I'd be very interested! :cool:

I've done 24 flights with my P2V without incident. I calibrated before the first, and had to recalibrate after installing a Flytrex before flight #21. Have flown 1150' away and 1100'. I've tested RTH many times by turning off the transmitter and once or twice lost signal which triggered RTH. No flyaways knock wood!

Probably had over 100 flights before I had a flyaway. It was likely due to user error. I was able to recover it with minimal damage. Luckily it landed on top of a building and not in the water I was flying over. I had a float system attached and my kayak handy in case of a water landing.
I get major pucker factor now over water and have started building a new waterproof, floating quad. I probably will not use a NAZA flight controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav